Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Hate seeing the likes of Lynch and Hegarty being questioned everywhere this week. 2 class acts who have had a few average games. No doubt theyll be raring to go this Sunday and Cork will feel the wrath of them again. Hope I'm wrong but expecting a big game from those 2. Its all about how Cork try to handle it. Theres a game there to be won for Cork but everything will have to go right for 70+ mins and so far this year we havent seen any evidence that that can happen. We've only played in fits and starts and have a win a draw and a last puck loss which shows a great sign of a team who can hang in there and fight. We'll need that in abundance on Sunday. We can't let Limerick develop a big lead - they wont lose it. Hang in there, bring it to the last 5/10 mins and then drive it on. The ultimate test now for these lads is coming up. FWIW, I'd go with the following:

P Collins
N O Leary
D Cahalane
S O Donoghue
G Mellerick
C Joyce
T O Mahony
B Roche
D Fitzgibbon
T O Mahony
D Dalton
S Harnedy
S Kingston
P Horgan
L Meade
I assume you mean R Downey instead of Tim O Mahony? That's my preferred team too though.

Your analysis is too cork focused. Put fitzgibbon in the corner and nash will pick him up
Within 5 minutes nash will have 2 or 3 untracked runs made.
Tipp put bonner maher in to deal with that. Because he has that type of mindset.
Track his runs then run at him to try to force him to defend physically which saps you physically and mentally
Meade is the clear choice for me
I repeat, Padraig Power

What 20s do ye think will step up to the senior panel next season?
Both goalies, Mullins, Healy, Colin Walsh along with E Downey and Cunningham who are already involved with the seniors. Ben OC if he wasn't gone playing rugby. There will be much more from that team that could make the step up but some are still really young [Wilk, O Sullivan] and others while being unbelievable talents [Buckley, Leahy] will benefit physically from an extra year U20.

I've never gone to the Gaelic Grounds for a match. I can't leave Cork city until after 12.30 on Sunday. Just wondering how long is the drive likely to be with match traffic and, arriving late, how far from the stadium will I have to park? Any advice gratefully received....

What route you planning? I would say if going from City, heading up the M8 and off on j13 beats the N20. As per posts above, park in the City and walk so as to avoid hassle of crossing the river into City after the match.

Don’t understand the fascination with DD taking the frees, is it because it’s new and shiny - it’s really confusing and half the time DD/hoggy don’t know who is taking them. Hoggy is the highest scoring forward in the history of the championship, over 15/16 years consistently a great free taker, a couple of blips against Clare shouldn’t cloud our judgement- would take him off the penalties those - very hit/miss there
‘a couple of blips v Clare’ cost us the game

We created a lot of goal chances in the last two games. We left behind at least 3 goals in both matches. We have to be taking our chances Sunday. We simply won’t out point limerick. We have to go for broke.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼