Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Whatever about Lehane being in the zone in terms of shooting etc his work-rate has been unquestionable since returning to the panel after that time out a couple of years ago. Covers more kms than most other players I’d be pretty sure. It’s been a notable change to his game.

I probably wouldn’t have had him down in a first 15 but successive mgmt teams with totally different opinions on the game have consistently started him, and they’d have more hurling knowledge in their baby fingers than this forum combined. I don’t think PR looks at Lehane and thinks last chance, I’d say he’s thinking if I can get this lad producing his best hurling he’ll be hard stopped. He has proven ability to get any type of score from anywhere on the field, which is important in claustrophobic environments like Waterford will create tomorrow.

As I said I prob would have held him in reserve but I’m not surprised to see Pat Ryan backing him from the start either.

Of all those not on the first 15, Power is actually the hardest done by, he’ll definitely feature tomorrow and will start some round robin games I've no doubt.
I can’t stand the “management know more than anyone” stuff. Of course they do but everyone of them makes mistake. Some of them a lot of mistakes. A forum like this doesn’t exist unless fans can question people smarter than them.

Tomorrows game is too close to call for me. The bookies have us as 2 point favourites. Last week will have taken a lot out of the Waterford players, have no doubt. On the other hand they will have the proper match sharpness and if they can eliminate the crazy amount of wides they shoot, that will give us plenty.

We know what Waterford are going to try and do, based on last week. Compress half-back/mid-field/half forward and try and break with speed when winning ball. They got very little change trying to go down the middle of Limerick , so one would hope that we don't see 4 or 5 white shirts running at our full-back line at any stage tomorrow.

As for our beloved rebels a few quick points :
1) Puck-out strategy
2) Forwards willing to track back behind our half back line
3) Backs willing to get forward in support.
4) Old school as usual from me but I want to see skill!! I want to see the sliotair picked first time, passes sticking to hand, plenty of hooking and blocking. Basics need to be on point.
5) Just once Id like to see us come out of a schmozzle with the sliotair, just once please!!

Starting with a clean slate tomorrow. Can't wait for the match. Rebels abú!
That text just got the juices going. Roll
On tomorrow. Rebels abu

Was looking forward to this match for months and now I won’t make it tomorrow or next Saturday unfortunately. Hoping for a strong performance and more importantly a win tomorrow to get us moving.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼