Cork Hurlers - Part 2

6 ft, but "tight fit" jersey hanging off him
This is an issue for a few of our players and it’s a worry, Rob Downey, a guy I absolutely love as a hurler, has hardly put on any bulk in the 3/4 years he’s involved, how is that possible or worse tolerated? Mark Coleman, Darragh Fitz are the same, compare them to the Limerick players and you begin to see why we are struggling

This is an issue for a few of our players and it’s a worry, Rob Downey, a guy I absolutely love as a hurler, has hardly put on any bulk in the 3/4 years he’s involved, how is that possible or worse tolerated? Mark Coleman, Darragh Fitz are the same, compare them to the Limerick players and you begin to see why we are struggling
It's definitely a big worry R&B, you'd have to question what is happening in the s&c side of things. When the likes of Cian Lynch and Gearoid Hegarty started there intercounty journeys they were scrawny, now their almost built like rugby players.

The team that put it up to Limerick most this year is Galway, as they were nearly able to match Limerick physically. I think its not all doom and gloom on that front though. The likes of Daire O Leary, Sean O Donoghue, Tim O Mahoney, Mark Keane are all beasts of men, however we just need to start picking the lads who will be able to match up physically with the Limericks of this world.

It's definitely a big worry R&B, you'd have to question what is happening in the s&c side of things. When the likes of Cian Lynch and Gearoid Hegarty started there intercounty journeys they were scrawny, now their almost built like rugby players.

The team that put it up to Limerick most this year is Galway, as they were nearly able to match Limerick physically. I think its not all doom and gloom on that front though. The likes of Daire O Leary, Sean O Donoghue, Tim O Mahoney, Mark Keane are all beasts of men, however we just need to start picking the lads who will be able to match up physically with the Limericks of this world.
2018 we were their equals, both in hurling and physically, in the 4 years since Limerick have moved to another stratosphere to us on both fronts

Possibly, possibly not, but no decision will be made until the Barrs are out of championship
Brian Hayes is def with Footballers that has been confirmed by member of back room football team.Ben will not be with senior hurlers this year any way even if went hurling in future which by sounds of it wont be happining rubgy Ireland already have deal in place for him and why would'nt he go play a sport he loves as a job it a no brainer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼