Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I hate singling out lads but I just wonder am I missing something with Millerick. I just haven’t seen anything much from him the last few years to suggest that he could man mark a big player out of a game.
I know to be fair to him he was played out of position this year and has struggled with injuries but I’m still a bit unsure of him and he seems to struggle against physically strong players. I hope I’m wrong because we really need a man marker.
Was thinking the same thing myself. I was putting it down to "having a bad year" due to injuries & loss of form. In his defence he's been moved around a lot and that can be very unsettling. I think it's a real make or break year for him though.

I hate singling out lads but I just wonder am I missing something with Millerick. I just haven’t seen anything much from him the last few years to suggest that he could man mark a big player out of a game.
I know to be fair to him he was played out of position this year and has struggled with injuries but I’m still a bit unsure of him and he seems to struggle against physically strong players. I hope I’m wrong because we really need a man marker.
I think plenty of lads of this standard around the county. He hasn’t done enough to be considered a definite starter on Cork team. Had average club year also.

Mellerick takes a belt better than most of our lads anyway. Not sure wheres the best place for him. Jack of all trades master of none sort of player really. But a fine player all the same.

Wonder why they decided Coleman was not right man for captaincy? Is his place under threat? SOD has had difficult days for cork - has had his hands full Interested to hear who people think will break into first 15 after club c’ship - Hayes at 15, Twomey at 8 and Ben O Connor when he eventually becomes available? Anyone else?

Wonder why they decided Coleman was not right man for captaincy? Is his place under threat? SOD has had difficult days for cork - has had his hands full Interested to hear who people think will break into first 15 after club c’ship - Hayes at 15, Twomey at 8 and Ben O Connor when he eventually becomes available? Anyone else?
I hope everyone’s place is under threat, as it should be at inter county level

I heard a story about the Irish rugby coach saying during the week that he wants 50 fellas in the room all eyeing up the competition, we haven’t had that in a while. I have an inkling the new management will bring that ruthless streak which is badly needed.

You named 3 Barrs players as young fellas to break into the first 15, I’d be adding Ben Cunningham and Eoin Downey to that list too, but to expect those 5 to break into the first 15 straight away might be too high an expectation, let’s give them time not be judging them on their first league appearance.

And again this is where management are crucial, they have to pick 15 players for their team and find the right balance to the team and get the tactics and mental preparation right, right now I’d say they have 4 or 5 nailed on players for positions and they will need time to find the rest.

As I’ve been saying for a long time, we need to be playing a fast aggressive style of hurling, a mix of long and short, funnily much like the Barrs have done this year after a few years of the tippy tappy shit that, like Cork, breaks down against good teams.

I’m fairly sure Pat Ryan is thinking the same

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼