Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I find it very strange they're complaining about criticism. It goes with the territory.

It's not like any of them are new to the scene. They have experienced it before as players/selectors etc.

There's scrutiny and criticism at club level to be fair. Every fella in a club has an opinion. Some of them aren't slow to tell you whether you're a player or management.

To be honest if they were successful it would have been like water off a ducks back. Some of the criticism was over the top but some was extremely valid which is why they changed things up!

Successful managers decisions are questioned all the time. Cody was getting it lately even after his success. Every fan thinks this or that player should be playing, has opinions on tactics etc.

I can't understand why both Sully and Mulcahy are giving out.

Nah, these guys are giving their time.

Some of the stuff said about Furlong, Sully, DO'G and Kingston, on here in particular was completely uncalled for.

Always the same suspects at it too
So what if they gave their time. If they are not up to the job and are unsuccessful, then they’ll deservedly get whatever constructive criticism that comes their way.

I find it very strange they're complaining about criticism. It goes with the territory.

It's not like any of them are new to the scene. They have experienced it before as players/selectors etc.

There's scrutiny and criticism at club level to be fair. Every fella in a club has an opinion. Some of them aren't slow to tell you whether you're a player or management.

To be honest if they were successful it would have been like water off a ducks back. Some of the criticism was over the top but some was extremely valid which is why they changed things up!

Successful managers decisions are questioned all the time. Cody was getting it lately even after his success. Every fan thinks this or that player should be playing, has opinions on tactics etc.

I can't understand why both Sully and Mulcahy are giving out.
Spot on.

Kingston was putting about 50 hours a week into what is pretty much a voluntary role. The selectors would put in something similar and I can only imagine all the headspace it takes up outside of that too.

If you feel you're giving your life over to Cork hurling and you're genuinely trying really hard and fellas are taking easy potshots and making you out to be "clueless" then it's not unreasonable to pushback even if some of it looks a bit bitter from the outside.

At the more troll_Y end of the spectrum you had fellas on here obsessed with Sully wearing shorts as if it was a sign he wasn't worthy of his role. Most players or management don't mind criticism if there's a logic to it but when it becomes irrational, abusive and senseless, that's hard to take.

Kingston was putting about 50 hours a week into what is pretty much a voluntary role. The selectors would put in something similar and I can only imagine all the headspace it takes up outside of that too.

If you feel you're giving your life over to Cork hurling and you're genuinely trying really hard and fellas are taking easy potshots and making you out to be "clueless" then it's not unreasonable to pushback even if some of it looks a bit bitter from the outside.
Give me the job then. I’m willing to put in 80+ hours a week. Regardless of results, if anyone should dare to say one word against me, I’ll set Matlock on yee.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼