Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think Shefflin showed with Galways effort and tactics against Limerick who only won in the end by emptying a bench of players that would walk onto most county teams, Cork included, that he's better than KK.

I always think that how a team that went in behind re-emerges after half time tells much about managers. Has he seen what's gone wrong in the first half. Has he made the right changes. Has he got them playing the right tactics. Has he got them mentally prepared for the task ahead and the confidence and belief to turn things around. Shefflin ticked a lot of those boxes and it was only Limerick's experience in tight matches, a mammoth bench, one of whom scored 3 from play, and a free-taker on form that saved Limerick's bacon in the end.

Lohan's lot were poor. They didn't turn up and the late withdrawal of Conlan was a huge blow to them. But Lohan didn't learn from KK's mistake - you have to have a quality free taker at this level.

How's it going for you? Have you learnt anything about the game yet :cool:
Same things were being said about Cahill and Lohan when both Waterford and Clare were posited as the only premier challengers, "shure didn't dey match d'intensitee of Limerick"

In both cases they fell away quite dramatically when d'aul intensity drained out of them after they failed to beat Limerick.
I'd hazard a guess that if Galway were to play again in the next few weeks they'd be beaten well.

Any eegit can tell you that you need to work hard and fight hard in a game, it's fecking basic, complete eegits will tell you that it's all that separates you from Limerick.

Obviously Cahill, Lohan and Shefflin are far from eegits, and next year will tell us more about how good they actually are.

The excuses being made for why Galway lost 🤣
Limerick were better than them where it matters - better starting 15, better bench, better decision making, better touch better belief, better unity, better experience and better manager.

Same things were being said about Cahill and Lohan when both Waterford and Clare were posited as the only premier challengers, "shure didn't dey match d'intensitee of Limerick"

In both cases they fell away quite dramatically when d'aul intensity drained out of them after they failed to beat Limerick.
I'd hazard a guess that if Galway were to play again in the next few weeks they'd be beaten well.

Any eegit can tell you that you need to work hard and fight hard in a game, it's fecking basic, complete eegits will tell you that it's all that separates you from Limerick.

Obviously Cahill, Lohan and Shefflin are far from eegits, and next year will tell us more about how good they actually are.

The excuses being made for why Galway lost 🤣
Limerick were better than them where it matters - better starting 15, better bench, better decision making, better touch better belief, better unity, better experience and better manager.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Kilkenny are being hailed as some sort of massive success story this year.

They've lost to both Galway and Wexford in this years championship. You couldnt read anything into the semi final, Clare were pathetic.

Is Cody still going to be enjoying a renaissance when Limerick thump them?

Thats it in a nutshell.

Kilkenny are being hailed as some sort of massive success story this year.

They've lost to both Galway and Wexford in this years championship. You couldnt read anything into the semi final, Clare were pathetic.

Is Cody still going to be enjoying a renaissance when Limerick thump them?
I am not sure they will.
KK will improve further after that win and Limerick so far this year have not overly impressed.

I am not sure they will.
KK will improve further after that win and Limerick so far this year have not overly impressed.

Who knows.

If I was putting money on it, it wouldn't be backing Kilkenny.

Waterford and Clare stuck with Limerick for about an hour and fell away.

They're unbeaten in this years championship. Galway gave a good account of themselves but they never looked like winning that game.

Who knows.

If I was putting money on it, it wouldn't be backing Kilkenny.

Waterford and Clare stuck with Limerick for about an hour and fell away.

They're unbeaten in this years championship. Galway gave a good account of themselves but they never looked like winning that game.
I cant imagine KK beating Limerick, but then I didn't see KK beating Clare - I said to somebody before the championship started that it would have been one of the best if Limerick didn't exist as I thought there was little or nothing between Cork, Clare, Waterford, KK, Tipp, Galway, but saw Limerick as miles ahead. Now it is done bar the final I still think thats still a reasonable enough summation, although i should have included Wexford maybe - there is very little separating them all now that we are almost done, and thats what makes management vital.. the best managers like Cody can take the squad thats no better and drive them further. We badly need that now

To be fair to Limerick, if they win this out - which surely they will - they will have earned a rock solid AI and proven their pedigree again. They might be coming a little closer to the pack but they had serious questions asked of them this year, Clare threw the kitchen sink at them in Munster, Galway let it all out there yesterday, and KK certainly wont roll over or die off in 2 weeks time

Funny but I can see KK beating Limerick. They have the essentials for starters - physicality, belief, skill, goal getting ability, aerial power, top coach, and some top class individual players. I too believed that Limerick were untouchable at the start of the summer but having witnessed what average Clare and Galway teams have achieved, I’m giving KK every chance especially with their particular skill set. They need to bring their A game like they did last Sat but if they do they can win it.

Just because Cork fold and become subservient to their Limerick masters, doesn’t mean that this servile mentality doesn’t transfer to every county. Galway took fight to Limerick yesterday, and left field with heads held high. Kilkenny likewise, fear nobody. That miserable performance Cork gave in all Ireland last year, should be a lesson to what an inferiority complex can do. Kiely took off 4 of his starting forwards, Hegarty hardly touched the ball. Enough of this deference toward Limerick … we had the same fear of Tipp in early sixties!

Funny but I can see KK beating Limerick. They have the essentials for starters - physicality, belief, skill, goal getting ability, aerial power, top coach, and some top class individual players. I too believed that Limerick were untouchable at the start of the summer but having witnessed what average Clare and Galway teams have achieved, I’m giving KK every chance especially with their particular skill set. They need to bring their A game like they did last Sat but if they do they can win it.

Kilkenny wont be afforded anything like the space they were against Clare.

Limerick by 5 or 6 points.

I see the final playing out similar to yesterdays game in terms of the type of contest we will see. I think Limericks class will shine through though and fancy them by 4 points.

IF (and it's a big if) KK get the oppertunities that Galway did, I don't see them having as many wides. If KK get their nose in front it'll be more difficult for Limerick to reel them in than they found Galway to be imho. Has the makings of a cracker of a final with the only down-side that I'd like to see them both lose. ;)

Hopefully it'll be a good ref who won't be giving the majority of decisions one way or another and that there'll be no injuries in the build up.

And I hope they flake the sh*t out of each other on the day as well 😇

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

You Spin Me Round: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼