Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Corrigan Park has a capacity of only about 2,100. Tickets will be like gold dust I'd imagine.

The surface up there won't be conducive to ground hurling either. It's an encounter we'd need to be on our metal for.

I don’t know what the capacity of Mulingar was but the Cork crowd was very small for the corresponding fixture against Westmeath in 2019.

Corrigan Park has a capacity of only about 2,100. Tickets will be like gold dust I'd imagine.

The surface up there won't be conducive to ground hurling either. It's an encounter we'd need to be on our metal for.

Capacity now 3,700 according to d’interweb but not sure if that’s accurate

Sorry now PROCNA but who’s claiming their opinion is more valued than others? It’s not me anyway. I don’t care what club posters come from or how long they are going to matches, it’s irrelevant as we all are entitled to our opinions. It’s the wums that come on here to get a rise out of someone I have an issue with
Jaysus lads.
Said it the other day.
We all want Cork winning.

We might differ on the 15 or the positions but we ALL want Cork winning.

This notion that there are opinions more or less valid because of which club you are a member or how long you've been going to matches is just childish when we are only posting textual messages here.

This isn't a playground, we're all adults. Name calling and put downs and there's only one valid viewpoint or perceived wisdom and anything else is bollox is a collective waste of time.

We can disagree on tactics, selection and even management but we are ALL Cork fans. We all want Cork winning.

Genuinely I learn tons from this thread. I didn't play at any level when I was small. I happily defer to Thready and R&B and Hank and junior and others for their real time knowledge of the club scene and the development of players. But I do disagree and that opinion is as valid as any of the other 100s of thousands of Cork fans.

PROC being a message board invites misunderstanding and misinterpretation and facilitates venting and silly commentary sometimes but the 1st Cork Hurlers thread and this one contain some fantastic analysis and information on where we are and how we are going.

Let's stick to the positives lads. We have hopefully at least one more outing. Let's leave the back biting out of it and just accept opinions rather than slashing them when they don't align with our own.

Living in Limerick it is interesting the locals perspective on Cork. After the match 1 comment to me was 'Cork might take a scalp' this year. My response was I am sure their ambition is to win it out. That was greeted with amusement.

Maybe I am falling myself but if they build momentum and make a couple of more changes and get to the semi final they might just surprise everyone. There are a lot of good players on that team, if they get a bit of space to hurl.

On a different note, I brought the small 1 to the match on Sunday and I thought the atmosphere and the mutual respect between the supporters was great. Going on the pitch afterwards was great too. Well done to all involved and whatever people say you just can't beat Cork versus Tipp in Thurles. Magical and the stuff that great memories are made of.

Sorry now PROCNA but who’s claiming their opinion is more valued than others? It’s not me anyway. I don’t care what club posters come from or how long they are going to matches, it’s irrelevant as we all are entitled to our opinions. It’s the wums that come on here to get a rise out of someone I have an issue with
I didn't say you claimed so. If anything I was nothing but complimentary about you and your knowledge. My point is your point. Everyone's opinions should be respected.

Limerick were a mile ahead of us but if Horgan had been taken off frees we could have bate Clare.

Two very good wins on the bounce now. Would you rather be Waterford and have peaked last month?

Clare were a mile ahead of ye on the day also. The extra man and a late goal put a gloss on it - Lohan made a mistake not bringing on subs in added time to eat up the clock and bring on fresh legs.

Cork are a better team now of course. All teams will be wary of ye.

Limerick were a mile ahead of us but if Horgan had been taken off frees we could have bate Clare.

Two very good wins on the bounce now. Would you rather be Waterford and have peaked last month?

Clare were a mile better than ye on the day as well. The extra man and a late goal put a gloss on it - Lohan made a mistake not bringing on fresh legs late on - it would have eaten up the clock as well.

Cork are a much better team now. Fair play, ye could have gone the way of Waterford and collapsed but ye stuck together. All teams will be wary of ye.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Regan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼