Cork Hurlers - Part 2

No one is writing him off ffs calm down princess. All that posters are saying is that we are giving game time to a fella whose hurling is at best below average for this level and whichever way you look at it this naturally means others get less game time who have superior hurling skills and are physical also such as Twomey or o’brien.
It’s a legitimate question to ask how much his hurling can improve in 7 weeks when limerick will have players every bit as physical as he is but with far superior hurling.
He is a long term project I would think at best
Well he certainly won’t improve sitting on the bench or at home. He’s played 2 games, 2, he may be ready to contribute in championship, he may not but we got to give him a chance. Keane playing doesn’t mean Twomey or O Brien don’t, there are 6 foward spots available

Just a word on Limerick, I wouldnt necessarily call them dirty but they are highly cynical, watch Cian Lynch raise his Hurley or hand head high every time someone wants to go past him, I’m not suprised he caught O Leary the way he did.

The real cynical play can be seen when Limerick player shoulders or holds up an opponent, in comes Limerick player no 2 from behind who puts his Hurley between the legs of the opponent who low and behold falls to the ground. The amount of times I saw this happening yesterday was way too many to be just a coincidence

The championship game is going to be blood and thunder. We poked the monster yesterday and if there is anything left in them we will see a huge reaction in the Pairc. We have to be ready for it

Genius Impact? Has he suddenly been parachuted in from Mars or something because I was under the impression he helped set us up defensively in last years all Ireland final. Yesterday was all about attitude nothing else
Yes we needed to show the whures we can still hurl

I’m on a forum ( TFK)
And some of the Limerick bolloxes are still crawling about our all Ireland capitulation

Needless to say I ruffled a few of their feathers last evening
Gave the whures a few home truths

Genius Impact? Has he suddenly been parachuted in from Mars or something because I was under the impression he helped set us up defensively in last years all Ireland final. Yesterday was all about attitude nothing else
#sarcasm my friend, sarcasm. With your all too consistent lack of a sense of humour, seriously beginning to doubt that you're from Cork at all.

Gway and feck off, ya pent up, frustrated dufflecoat wearing, wee anorak (wannabe) charlatan.

Yeah sure let’s just pick the best hurlers, fuck knows how they are going to win the ball but sure let’s dance our way through their backline, again, cause it’s worked loads of time

You might find it a bizarre comment but come back in 24 hours time and see how bizarre it is. Keane will have enough on his plate winning his own battle, but he will be blamed for the systems failure in or foward line,

Agree on Connolly, fantastic news, and good to see Daire O Leary named in the subs
Very negative comments

Watched the game back again today. Jesus Barrett and Lehane threw themselves in the way of every Limerick player. Need lads willing to sacrifice themselves for the team and then bring on the fresh legs. Keane only got the ball into hand twice in 40 minutes from what I seen second time around, one handpass to Hoggie early on and the cross field ball for the point. Need more from him, regardless of who the player is. Still need to be patient he won't be an all star over night. Would like to see Twomey and O'Brien get a chance to start each against Galway and Wexford. Think the 6 backs yesterday were as good as we'll get for championship. Need a big performance from Downey or Cahalane to even dream of shaking things up.
Wexford are flying too at the moment so that'll be a great game. I'm not the biggest fan of the short passing game but when we pull teams out of position and get runners off the shoulder we'll be hard to stop like we were yesterday

I certainly missed it at the game and nine times out of ten that will be missed by a ref as well.

I would ash however what Niall O Leary thought he was doing in the first place ?
He turned a perfectly safe situation into a Limerick goal.
Because the game plan is to hand-pass to a runner but no one was showing and he allowed himself to be swallowed up. A shocking mistake at this level. For all the positives from yesterday for me the biggest disappointment is the playing style - it will not work in championship. Far too much hand-passing to fellas a few yards away and in many cases being marked. We create problems where there aren’t any. We should be at least going wide more often with the possession game. Limerick always position a man on the opposite side of the pitch from where a ruck/play is developing. Once ruck is won, pop pass and then 40 yard stick pass to man in space. Simple and very effective. We play a far too high risk possession game and not enough faster deliveries into space. We have lads in space, ball in hand who have time to deliver and yet they chose to pass to a guy 2 yards away….we will not win an AI trying to play football tactics.
There has to be more variation and angled deliveries. Also on too many occasions our carriers from the back are too slow.

Watched the highlights again. Theres no way what Lynch did there was accidental.

He was beaten first by O'Leary then followed his run and swiped at him with his arm.

20220228-202759.jpg

20220228-202734.jpg

Catching O'Leary on the face guard

20220228-202714.jpg

People can say O'Leary took too long on the sliotar but he beat his man fairly, Lynch took him out and the ref missed it.

I stand by my assessment at the time, should have been a free out and a red card for Lynch. Seriously dangerous play.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼