Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Are you serious? Harnedy was fast out of the blocks last Saturday , scored goal early on, and will definitely start. Only possible change will be Joyce if fit. This is another knockout game, no room for errors and could be another shootout going down to the wire. If Cork manage to bring last Saturday’s form they should win.
Yes I’m serious. It’s merely a suggestion. He’s not a kid anymore. It’s a quick turnaround. Ryan spoke often of learning about the importance of managing these quick turnarounds differently. That either matters or it doesn’t. I tend to think it does. I doubt it happens. You can make the case that Harnedy was the most important player in the first half last week. I wasn’t disparaging the guy but saving him for the last half hour could be the right move.

Nothing insane about it, I'm sure he's chopping at the bit to get a run. He's always done really well against Tipp, so strong chance he'll get run when lads are getting tired.
If you think we're going anywhere with CL in the team come the cut and trust of Championship hurling, then you must be a Waterford, Limerick, Tipp or Clare man in disguise.

'Cut and trust ' 😄 a lot you'd know about it I'd say. Rolling out the the auld clichés like some podcaster. 🫣. Pointless having subs so ? Give me a break man. Everyone is in disguise here bud 😁

Can't see starting team changing, unless Joyce is fit - in which case Coleman probably misses out.

Really excited to see on Sunday if the heroics of last Saturday are followed up on. My faith was restored last Saturday :)

We can worry about results going our way or not if we get the 2 points then

It is a completely insane proposal!

It’s not about Tipp, Limerick, Clare, or Waterford.. it’s about the heat of championship hurling
Its not something I proposed just pointing out that he had had some of his best performances against Tipp (in Thurles too) and if I remember that then you can be sure that Pat Ryan does too. If he is not a live option of the bench there's no point carrying him for sentimental reasons.
A team can only name 9 subs, 8 will be outfielders and you'll likely use 5 of those 8, add in the fact that our game plan means the wing forwards have to get through a lot of work, then Robbie is out injured, so we're looking at Sean Twomey, Kingston and Lehane as the options to come in, and Kingston could well be used as a FF line sub, so all im saying is I won't be surprised if we see Lehane make an appearance

Yes I’m serious. It’s merely a suggestion. He’s not a kid anymore. It’s a quick turnaround. Ryan spoke often of learning about the importance of managing these quick turnarounds differently. That either matters or it doesn’t. I tend to think it does. I doubt it happens. You can make the case that Harnedy was the most important player in the first half last week. I wasn’t disparaging the guy but saving him for the last half hour could be the right move.
Watching it back again yesterday it was incredible that Limerick left Seamie free for most of the match and let him pick them apart. I can only assume that they tend to be the ones that set their team out and let others make changes to react to it, but I’d be raging if PR allowed Lynch freedom like that

Watching the match back knowing the score shows a fair bit we can improve on as well, but Barrett in particular was absolutely outrageous, he must have been absolutely beat after his shift.. never stopped for a breath, and still at it in injury time winning the free that lead to our final point

I thought that free showed how much PR trusts Hayes too, we needed to retain possession at a minimum to see the time out

Its not something I proposed just pointing out that he had had some of his best performances against Tipp (in Thurles too) and if I remember that then you can be sure that Pat Ryan does too. If he is not a live option of the bench there's no point carrying him for sentimental reasons.
A team can only name 9 subs, 8 will be outfielders and you'll likely use 5 of those 8, add in the fact that our game plan means the wing forwards have to get through a lot of work, then Robbie is out injured, so we're looking at Sean Twomey, Kingston and Lehane as the options to come in, and Kingston could well be used as a FF line sub, so all im saying is I won't be surprised if we see Lehane make an appearance
Yeah, fair enough. I think this will be tight down the stretch so would be very concerned but let’s see how we are. Tipp are licking their lips waiting for us.. they’d love nothing more than putting us out of Munster and giving themselves a shot at Clare in Thurles

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼