Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I know this lad well. Unreal reading of the game. His articles are always on point.
It’s great, lifted the spirits. Sentiment is spot on. Another packed PuC on Saturday. We have the best support in the country. Look at the attendances this year from a County without AI in nearly 20 years. More at league games than most championship matches, more at Cork v Clare than Limerick v Tipp, etc.

If he was guaranteed goals he would be playing every match
Listen I agree with you but hear me out.

I think the Limerick game is a strange one. If both play as selected, 9 times out of 10, they win IMO.

Odds are, we will lose, therefore why not throw a curve ball like JOC in corner forward. I wouldnt play him normally but his peak performance is higher than Hayes IMO from what we have seen.

Risks and goals are required now as we are clearly the underdog.

Im sorry now but Jack is nowhere near a championship 15
Disagree strongly. I think you have to acknowledge the part that injuries have played is his performances over the last couple of years and just how potent he was in '21, even against the most physical teams. I was watching him in the pre-game sprints before the Waterford game - he has to be the quickest IC hurler in the country. There's no point trying to play limerick at their own game if you just don't have the players to play that way - Hayes is massive but he's not aggressive, and it hasn't worked in the last 2 games. JOC would have been worth the gamble imo.

As well as scoring we need forwards to make it harder for the Limerick backs to come out with the ball. I’m not convinced JOC has ever shown what’s needed in that respect. In fact I remember him losing a ball in front of the South Stand against Limerick in 2022 and rather than chase the Limerick back he stopped dead. I don’t see him having improved his game in that area.

Listen I agree with you but hear me out.

I think the Limerick game is a strange one. If both play as selected, 9 times out of 10, they win IMO.

Odds are, we will lose, therefore why not throw a curve ball like JOC in corner forward. I wouldnt play him normally but his peak performance is higher than Hayes IMO from what we have seen.

Risks and goals are required now as we are clearly the underdog.
If anything you would bring JOC on later on in the game when it has opened up.
Shane Kingston is similar more effective as a sub than as a starter.

If anything you would bring JOC on later on in the game when it has opened up.
Shane Kingston is similar more effective as a sub than as a starter.
Agree normally but my take is that early goals are required in this game to:

1. Get the crowd going.
2. Inspire our players.
3. Knock Limerick off their stride.
4. Direct forwards to run at Limerick, we probably need penalities and red cards for Lim.

Just had a look at the average age of both team using year of birth.
The average age for Cork is 26.4
The average for Limerick is 28.9.

Limerick will bring in Darragh O Donovan(29) when fit.
Cork will bring in Ciaran Joyce (23) when fit.

An average of two and a half years difference is substantial.
Limerick have one player under 26 playing (O Neill)
Cork have 6 under 26 playing.
Limerick have seven aged 30 or over playing.
Cork have two aged 30 or over playing.

Won't make a difference to the game but interesting stats nonethe less

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼