Cork Hurlers - Part 2

And with all respect to Sarah who I think is one of the better pundits out there, the only people who really know what’s going on in the camp are those inside it and if we’re at anything then at least 15 or 16 fellas for starters that should be pissed off with the setup because they’re not starting.

I started this round robin campaign with expectation against Waterford , hope against Clare and now resignation against Limerick.

In particular I am concerned about midfield again and of course the loss of Joyce is huge.

I don't think this is a dummy team, there has not been any that I can remember under Pat Ryan.

If Barrett moved to midfield and Fitzgibbon further forward then I think that would be a stronger team.

The straws I am clutching at are that this team played generally well against Clare, Ciaran Joyce I feel was a little off his best so far this year and did not occupy the central position enough and that Limerick struggled for a long time against Clare and didn't need to be great to beat Tipp on the night.

I think Cahalane and Millerick are unlucky as are Brian Roche and TOC .

I am hoping for a win to kick start our season but about a month ago I was looking at this game as an opportunity to possibly get something that would guarantee us getting out of Munster , I did not at all foresee the collapse against Waterford and what I think has been poor management .

Ah come on now if you read the posts here.
:ROFLMAO:
You mean the unsubstantiated gossip on here?
I should stop right here...but....I can't :ROFLMAO:

Those are the issues and the issues were what was suggested by Sarah on Off The Ball.
Get your head out of the sand.
For real?
I should believe gossip, rumour and innuendo without question?
Accept it as fact?
A few randomers on here + Sarah D say it so it must be true?
As you said we're all 1 or 2 removed from the camp, even the dogs on the street are aware of some of the issues.
Yes I agree we should not race with all the stuff said but a lot you can base on evidence.
If you want to deny it so be it, but that doesn't mean there isn't issues.
What incontrovertible evidence do you have, other than this nonsense below?

The standard of training you can 100% relate back to fitness and injuries.
Fitness has dropped the last 2 years and injuries have risen.
What measures are you using for "standard" of training?
You are fully briefed on the training?

Have you data on the fitness levels of players?
Have you data on how Cork players compare to other teams in terms of increase in injuries and type of injuries?
I don't even have to wait for your answer cos I know you don't, ya spoofer.

Apparently Geraoid H left the Limerick camp a couple of times last year :ROFLMAO:
I sure as s*** didn't hear any pundits from Limerick feeding that gossip.

With the keeper I would argue that Collins is a top-shot stopper.
While our forwards are scoring high and well we don't have strong ball winners from the puckouts.
While Collins can be held for account for a few of the puckouts our core issue is ball winners.
Blaming Collins for all the puckouts glosses over the real issue of lack of ball winners.
Also the tactics PR deploys dictates our puckout strategy.
I agree with you Collins is a very very good shot stopper and always comes up with crucial saves when it matters.

On the puck outs he’s nowhere near the required standard of IC being honest.

You have a point with the forwards not being good enough to win ball but a lot of the time Collins puck outs are nowhere near them, how many times this year have we seen a puck out go straight into an opponents claw and are easy popped over the bar.

This is one of the reasons we are coming out the wrong side of tight games and they need to sort this out on the training field pronto as Limerick can really hurt you when these mistakes are made.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:30pm

More events ▼