Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I was at the game and didn't know what the injury was.
I think it’s a change in mind set for us all
Basically, if a player is injured he gets the same treatment as always on the field, but play is not stopped. It has no effect on player welfare. If he is injured he gets treated the same.
If physio/Dr deems the injury serious enough they can call ref for play to be stopped to have player taken off the field. It’s a good rule actually.
Some clarity on it all would be helpful.

That may be so but can you imagine how that would look with a potentially seriously injured player lying flat on the pitch.

I don't think anybody knew the extent of the" injury " then.

Should the ref insisted on play continuing when Peter Casey was injured ? I don't think referees can take risks with players health.
I don't think that players pretending to be injured is a major problem in GAA.
I said yesterday that it is a stupid rule and I don't agree with it but it is the rule none the less.
Stopping the play for Peter Casey's injury is covered under rule, exceptional circumstances.

Clearly it wasn't a cramp if he had to be taken off, it came from a collision ffs.
So Pat Ryan was lying in his press conference after the game when he said he came off with cramp? D'oh
~Ryan claimed Cork conceded 1-1, a point to David Reidy and then a goal to David Fitzgerald, as O'Mahony was grounded before being replaced suffering with cramp.

I think it’s a change in mind set for us all
Basically, if a player is injured he gets the same treatment as always on the field, but play is not stopped. It has no effect on player welfare. If he is injured he gets treated the same.
If physio/Dr deems the injury serious enough they can call ref for play to be stopped to have player taken off the field. It’s a good rule actually.
Some clarity on it all would be helpful.
Surely though, the player is more likely to try and play on even if injured if he knows that play isn't stopped?

I know why the rule is there, but it feels really unsportmanly to continue play while a player is down injured.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

5th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼