Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That's amazingly consistent 🫣
But that's a small sample size and you created an arbitrary cut-off to exclude the Waterford game last year where we conceded just 18 points.

Also it would be useful to see how it compares to other teams and their records.

Given that we drew 1, and lost the rest by no more than 3 points, suggests that the defences that we encountered also had their own issues.
I think I mentioned this a couple years back that I was at a coaching talk given by one of our recent ex county managers. The thing that struck me the most was how open he was with info and how focused in on this defensive flaw he was, our Corks forwards not working hard enough at all when not in possession, he referenced one fella in particular, which puts impossible pressure on the overall unit and our half and full back line especially.. You attack as a team, you defend as a team

And surely Kingston is worth a look there.
He’s definitely got the potential to be moulded into a serious full back, just worried about the lack of competitive games he’ll be having in the meantime.

His next competitive games will be in the mid Cork championship, which is a world away from senior intercounty.

They should get Diarmuid O'Sullivan in for that job
I see on the Oisin McConville podcast, between bouts of vomitting, that he really wants the gig alright. It’s not a wind up and He’s not joking.
He was very insulted when he didn’t get the U20 gig.
He says he got his revenge by going up the steps with his Sars team to collect the senior club and looking at the fellas in CCB that didn’t give him the gig.
😂😂😂

It was a serious Injury that required Tim to leave the pitch, that rule was brought in to allow refs to be harsher on time wasting, James Owens knew Tim wasn't time wasting but yet kept playing
Under the this new rule what is defined a serious injury??
Is it an injury where a player couldn’t possibly make their own way to the side of the field for treatment? At the game there was a lot of discussion between Owens and our Dr when play did eventually stop.

Sorry Rebelred but we have nothing to be positive we new about joyce and connolly from previous years. After the Tipp game we will have a 2.5 month wait until the clubs go to war unless there is a miracle.

Sorry Rebelred but we have nothing to be positive we new about joyce and connolly from previous years. After the Tipp game we will have a 2.5 month wait until the clubs go to war unless there is a miracle.
Comrade, there is no war in the Cork senior hurling championship in well over a decade.. not even a battle.. it’s A Tippy tappy Free Fest

Under the this new rule what is defined a serious injury??
Is it an injury where a player couldn’t possibly make their own way to the side of the field for treatment? At the game there was a lot of discussion between Owens and our Dr when play did eventually stop.
Read the second part of the post, that's what the rule is actually there for.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Corner House, Coburg St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼