Cork Hurlers - Part 2

O Donnell was taken out running towards Collins, you think he could have stayed on his feet after the challenge? He would be some man if he could,
Collins was ahead of O Donoghue by the time O Donnell ran into him. O Donoghue took the bait and turned the shoulder into his chest and O Donnell goes down rolling around holding his head. O Donoghue should have been smarter and was rightly sent off but if you don’t think O Donnell wasn’t trying to get him sent off then there’s no helping you I fear.

Collins was ahead of O Donoghue by the time O Donnell ran into him. O Donoghue took the bait and turned the shoulder into his chest and O Donnell goes down rolling around holding his head. O Donoghue should have been smarter and was rightly sent off but if you don’t think O Donnell wasn’t trying to get him sent off then there’s no helping you I fear.
Yes you are right, ODonnell should have stayed on his feet after getting crunched.

Would I be right in saying we can go through on 2 points if you have a hard think about it we beat tipp tipp beat Waterford goes down to points difference

James Owens is an absolute joke lads. He ties himself up in knots in every game by going for the controversial 'brave' decision in his own head... one of these refs that loves the limelight. He then gets the sense he might have made a balls of it and it all goes to pot then. He's over-picky for senior championship hurling, and drives huge frustration with all the teams. The penalty decision last year. The Eoin Cody red card this year.

Yesterday he was poor for both teams... don't know how the Clare goal at the end was disallowed or how Hogan fouled Connolly before the Hoggy free - he didn't. I know most on here disagree but for me, the body check by SOD is a free and not a second yellow. There's also a black card / penalty lunge by Rory Hayes (when he's coming back up off the ground) on Horgan... I hate lads on here whinging about referees but this is more about a ref that is consistently below the standard for some time and still getting big games. I really don't understand it. We have only ourselves to blame for the 2 defeats but 2 soft reds in 2 weeks has killed us.

The difference in the next game is going to be unreal. Gordon or Thomas Walsh will leave all of that picky stuff go, whether that suits us or not let's see.
I saw he was interviewed on GAAGO before the game, do they usually do that?

The stop start in the first 15 minutes was so frustrating.
Watching in real time I genuinely don't know how refs can know who's being fouled most of the time given the swarming around and speed of it all.
Owens is one who decides to use the whistle a lot, but then he can't be particularly consistent with it or he'd literally be blowing every 20 seconds or so.

Would I be right in saying we can go through on 2 points if you have a hard think about it we beat tipp tipp beat Waterford goes down to points difference
Yes in theory
Need Tipp to b eat Waterford
Limerick to beat Waterford
Clare to beat Waterford
Clare to beat Tipp
Cork beat Tipp

Very unlikely serious of results but you never know
That's assuming we lose to Limerick

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm