Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sean O'Donughe should have never been made captain of this team. Not because of the sending off, but because of the time he was standing by himself and batted down the ball to a 50/50 instead of catching the ball. Proved he is not a intercounty player right there, never mind a captain. Better players sitting at home watching than playing will be Pat Ryan's legacy

I think PR has been fairly well crucified here over the past week, from team selection and lack of/wrong substitutions pov

I think people were generally happy to give him the benefit of the doubt last year but 2 for 2 this year has him running out of ground.

Very disappointing to come out the wrong end today. Case of what might have been with the missed goal chances.

We were just chasing the game after the red card. Was always an uphill battle.

At least we've an easy game against Limerick sat week to bounce back 😉

Back to school kid. The backbone of those U21 teams were already senior hurlers. Some of the top fellas went straight from minor to the senior squad having won jack shit at that stage.
It wasn’t until they worked with 2 football men Kiely & Kinnerk that they won anything
Now read through the names on the team sheet for the 2015 and 2017 Under 21 teams, now look at the team sheet for todays game, when you have finished that class come back to me

Sean O'Donughe should have never been made captain of this team. Not because of the sending off, but because of the time he was standing by himself and batted down the ball to a 50/50 instead of catching the ball. Proved he is not a intercounty player right there, never mind a captain. Better players sitting at home watching than playing will be Pat Ryan's legacy
Sean O'Donoughe should never play for Cork again. Not for the sending off but for the time he batted the ball down to a 50/50 instead of catching it. Worst cork captain ever
Is it the fact you were ignored the first time that you chose to repeat yourself?

Watching it I thought I was at a different match. They painted the Cork performance much more positively than I have!
It was a really good performance for 45 minutes… Clare never had a sniff of a goal chance in that first half. Bar the puc outs going bad, the first half was excellent.

But Christ above look at the space inside our 45 for the goals in the second half… for Rogers goal, it’s actually a 3 v 1 once SoD is turned by SoD. Clare pulled their half forward line + reidy way out for the second half and we bought it hook line and sinker.

Sean O’D just won’t do back there lads. There’s been big game issues for years, don’t know why it doesn’t get picked up more here but it has cost us too many times now.

I think people were generally happy to give him the benefit of the doubt last year but 2 for 2 this year has him running out of ground.

Very disappointing to come out the wrong end today. Case of what might have been with the missed goal chances.

It’s a results business so PR and a handful of players prob have 2 matches to save themselves.
Personally I’m not sure that a new manager will or can change the outcome that much

Dude - we get it. You’re down on this team / management / cork hurling culture etc. That’s all fair enough. I’m not saying you’re wrong and of course you are entitled to express your opinion. But you just keep throwing out the same garbage one-liners. Maybe add something productive or insightful?
Spot on. Just relentless negative waffle out of him. Tries to shut down any reasonable opinion or balanced comment with the usual hurler on the ditch shitwank. Yeah yeah, you're pissed off, we're all pissed off tonight but if you don't want any discussion around how we might get back to beating teams no matter how far away it might be then CLOSE YOUR BROWSER.

(y)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼