Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ah would you stop!

Here's the full quote which paints an entirely different picture - his goal is to get to the AI final!

The margins in the Munster championship are likely to be razor-fine again this year, and at the outset Ryan admits he’d happily settle for third place in the table and progression to the All-Ireland series.

“I’d bite your hand off for it,” he says. “With the exception of Limerick maybe, everybody is looking for that, to get out of Munster. That’s the key for us. We didn’t get out of Munster last year and that’s key to our year. Everything takes off after that.

“We know how competitive Munster is. If you come out of Munster, you should be having aspirations of getting to an All-Ireland final at that stage.

“We’re trying to get back to the top table and get into an All-Ireland final. We were in one in 2021 and we didn’t perform the way we would’ve liked.”

“Our job is to try and win an All-Ireland. That’s why we took the job on. Getting out of Munster is the first step in that. As you said, I’d bite your hand off for third. I think everyone would.”
I agree with yo to an extent but it doesn't paint an entirely different picture, the goal on the way to AL Final is to finish 3rd to get there.
Why not win the Munster? Why are we settling for 3rd?
Winning is a habit as I said and winning Munster Silverware for the first time since 2018 would definitely be a confidence booster for players.
Our aim should be to win Munster and if not then settle for 2nd or 3rd.
But even with the full quote, we're already settling for 3rd.

What he’s saying to the club is more important than what he says in the press no? How do you know he isn’t communicating a much different message to the team?
Do I know what happens or what is said in camp? No but he should not be playing the press.
He might be communicating a different message to the team but does he think the team are sheltered and do not read articles?
Why are we happy to settle for 3rd before the competition even begins?
Our goal should be to win Munster to get to the All-Ireland series.
Not bite the hand off for 3rd.

:lol!::lol!::lol!: Landers triggering the softlads again. Here's an idea, don't listen to his pod or read any articles he pens.
U wot? I'm well hard m8 ;) Yeah tbf I've not gone near the pod since paywall. Skehill and crew decent, and I listen to the GAA Hour on the nightly stroll for entertainment.

@Twiceasnice97 no problem with Connolly on frees he'll nail them, he has unreal conversion %. I think if Dalton starts Round 2 he takes them over Coleman.

OK, interesting. Two players playing their first games after long injurys.
Not ideal.

Waterford are in a similar spot If Bennett blows up
Both have games behind them this year, particularly Connolly, not a concern for me

If I were you I’d be more concerned trying to find one of yer fellas to consistently split the posts 🤣🤣🤣

The abject langerish Landers stupidity of
1. thinking the demands and circumstances of the hurling championship in 1999 are comparable to 2024
2. thinking that just because players won an U20 championship they should automatically be ready to usurp players who have individually shown class and proven quality for years.

Lack of freshness me hole- check out your own stale pod mate, bunch of dull AF gossiping middle aged cronies (bar TJ).

HON the REBELS!
👍👍

So based on waterford playing a sweeper, and knowing mad Davy he could play two 🤣, we are going to set up like this?

Collins
Cahalane. O’Donoghue
Coleman
Millerick. Downey
Joyce
O Connell. Fitzy
Lehane
Twomey. Harnedy
Barrett
Connolly. Hoggie

Does Joyce sit back or push on? Does Coleman swop with Joyce? Does Hoggy have the legs for all the running?

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼