Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Playing devil's advocate here for min...

How many thousands of fans are left watching at home due to the game being in Walsh Park do ya reckon ? 15k (mostly Cork)?

I understand every county deserves home advantage but the Munster council must be like dogs privately over the lost income compared to a game in Thurles or PUC.

What's the capacity of Walsh Park now? Still below 12k? Hardly sufficient for Munster hurling championship to be fair.

When you compare that to the crowds Cork Limerick and Tipp would bring...there's an argument it's not serving the public interest by letting Walsh Park be used?
Waterford have every right to hold their game in Walsh Pairc. This isn't the premiership .Fuck the Munster Council . Move on

Anyone having issues with Ticketmaster transfer of Waterford tickets?
Received 2 tickets but when I attempt to download, I get an error with response, 'tickets unavailable to transfer at this time'

Thanks for your totally irrelevant input as always
For once, his comment wasn't irrelevant. You asked (playing devil's advocate) whether Walsh Park shouldn't be used for Munster championship games due to its small capacity. But in a round robin where every other county gets some home advantage, it's not fair to deny that to Waterford. I think that consideration overrides the Munster Council's loss of income (which, let's face it, is unlikely to be enormous in any case).

For once, his comment wasn't irrelevant. You asked (playing devil's advocate) whether Walsh Park shouldn't be used for Munster championship games due to its small capacity. But in a round robin where every other county gets some home advantage, it's not fair to deny that to Waterford. I think that consideration overrides the Munster Council's loss of income (which, let's face it, is unlikely to be enormous in any case).
He's a WUM and can't reply in a civil manner so I replied accordingly. I won't be entertaining him again.

I think the 15k Cork and Waterford fans (€375k x 2 games depending on opposition) who miss out is the main issue...I'm not so worried about the Munster council itself although the lost revenue might impact on grants clubs get later? But that's a separate topic tbf.

The attendance at Cork vs Waterford in the Pairc was about 30k I'd guess....its a big step down for this year.

If the game was in Thurles you'd get a similar crowd imo.

Saying that Waterford are certainly entitled to home advantage but its worth noting the impact that has on attendances at games and finances which ultimately will be trickling down to clubs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

25th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼