Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm not buying into this train of thought that we will beat Clare because the game is on down the Pairc.

Clare play Limerick in their 1st game. Limerick will be favourites for that. If Limerick win, which is likely, then Clare come to Cork 7 days later fighting for their championship survival. Lose to us and there is a big chance they don't survive Munster.

Munster championship is box office.
I think Clare will beat Limerick in Ennis and it will set the championship up nicely

Clare always come flying out of the blocks, and unlike us they believe they can beat Limerick.

Back to the old Coleman debate lol. I was just thinking that with Coleman injured and unlikely to make the starting team for the first two games I wonder could he be utilised off the bench as a replacement for the likes of O'Connell after he's emptied himself.

I could he see him sitting in front of the half back line mopping up ball and setting up attacks. With his pace going forward and vision to pick a pass he could be a nightmare when teams are tiring and space is opening up.

Why would having a rookie manager mean they will improve? They could just as easily disimprove, particularly with an ageing TJ Reid and Walter Walsh.

Gearoid O'Connor is a fantastic talent no doubt and he is one of the reasons I mentioned that Tipp can improve on last year. To be fair to AC, he can only play the games he was played in and he was excellent in both.

O'Donnell and Rogers will cause problems but are they going to cause any more problems than they have in previous years?

What have Clare done that is so impressive? They have had a decent league so far and in previous championships they have frequently fallen short in the big games.
Ahem

Back to the old Coleman debate lol. I was just thinking that with Coleman injured and unlikely to make the starting team for the first two games I wonder could he be utilised off the bench as a replacement for the likes of O'Connell after he's emptied himself.

I could he see him sitting in front of the half back line mopping up ball and setting up attacks. With his pace going forward and vision to pick a pass he could be a nightmare when teams are tiring and space is opening up.
Mark would be a great option from the bench at half back or midfield

Didn’t get to watch KK v Limerick but from listening on the radio it seemed (1) limerick weren’t really too bothering about trying to win (2) Limerick routinely fouling KK as they moved from midfield towards goal (same as they did versus Cork last year. Refs surely have to show plenty yellows to put manners on them)
Casey got a straight red; does that carry over from league into championship ? I’m trying to remember if it did for Eoin Downey after his red in semi last year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼