Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Mark coleman and Barrett I don’t think are good midfield options, they played there against Clare in 2022 and we got cleaned. Jack O Connor had a great game no denying that. But he was given space to run onto balls. He wouldn’t get that space against Tipp Clare and Limerick. Rob Downey in the forwards might be worth a look as he is too slow for full back line and I think the half back line is set now with Mellerick Joyce and Coleman.

Mark coleman and Barrett I don’t think are good midfield options, they played there against Clare in 2022 and we got cleaned. Jack O Connor had a great game no denying that. But he was given space to run onto balls. He wouldn’t get that space against Tipp Clare and Limerick. Rob Downey in the forwards might be worth a look as he is too slow for full back line and I think the half back line is set now with Mellerick Joyce and Coleman.
The half back line, Joyce aside 🤣, is far from set in stone and I’d be pretty confident come championship we will see Rob in there

Training camp for hurlers in Kerry next weekend I hear, warm weather training just like footballers i suppose😏🤔. Only hurlers bring their own blankets.hope they all behave and stay away from Ballyseedy 🙂

Mark Coleman influence is reduced every game as opposition land puck outs on top of him. He's not great In the air and he can't sweep (his strong suit) if targeted by puckouts. It was very evident last Sunday that Waterford had this plan reducing marks impact, not to first team or the last to do this. He's out best hurler but the question is how to get the most out of him.

Fully fit Coleman, Fitzgibbon and Tim O’Mahony should be nailed on c/ship starters - the big challenge is identifying their best positions - IMO midfield or halforward for all 3 will bring us best return I don’t rate them as defenders

Come here, that’s what i suggested and got lynched for it

There is no point in having Ciaran Joyce twiddling his thumbs back in front of a 2 man full back line when we need his cutting in the middle 8

I never said I’d move Joyce. Coleman’s performances for club this year prove how much of a better player he is facing the ball. I was suggesting if a team is going to drop like Waterford then let Coleman play that role McCarthy played yesterday. Joyce has to stay at 6, prime example of this was when Waterford were pushing on he claimed 2 balls and drove out scoring once,

Other counties seem to be able to regularly move key players from defence to attack or vice versa.. examples in KK, Limerick, Clare, Galway and plenty more. We seem to be reluctant to ever try it

Mark Coleman influence is reduced every game as opposition land puck outs on top of him. He's not great In the air and he can't sweep (his strong suit) if targeted by puckouts. It was very evident last Sunday that Waterford had this plan reducing marks impact, not to first team or the last to do this. He's out best hurler but the question is how to get the most out of him.
Yes that’s correct and he was exposed on puckouts v Hegarty in 18 and brick Walsh in 17 . They pulled there centre forwards over and isolated him v bigger opponents on puckouts . Think Downey will be on Hegarty to try and break or spoil him but we will have to have physical midfielders to be able to sweep in on breaking ball

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼