Cork Hurlers - Part 2

O'Connor is serious impact sub to have with his pace. I wonder if Ryan is just trying to give him back some confidence? You just feel that he's had no luck the last year or two. If something goes right for him, he could be back in business.

Cotter's one incurable weakness might be a lack of pace. Time will tell. Even if it is, he reads a game like few others and can pick out passes accordingly. He's definitely one for the future.
I'd tend to agree. Even if he's earmarked as an impact sub for ch'ship he still needs to get plenty of hurling into him

I said it before but one of Corks biggest problems will be picking 6 forwards from a bunch of about 12/14 who are broadly all about the same level ( on the good side of decent) so they are essentially interchangeable. In other words no absolute stand out forwards who can carry a team when necessary. I don’t see this being fixed any time soon and for that reason I am quite pessimistic about the year ahead. I would so love to be wrong but I fear I will be proven right again when we don’t get out of Munster.
Loads of guys who could potentially carry a team but every one of them has been seriously hampered by injury. For all his struggles Jack O’Connor the last few years, it wasn’t long ago he was electric when he had an inch of space. Then Alan Connolly scored a rash of goals the next year. He was flying until he was destroyed by injury. Next up Robbie O’Flynn looked to be on the verge of unmarkable until he faced down the seemingly inevitable injury bug. Along the way guys like O’Mahony and Dalton have had serious progress maligned by injury as well. Fitzgibbon has rarely seemed completely healthy. That’s just in the forwards. It’s absolutely maddening.

I'd agree with that and say I'd prefer for see him play MF or as a third MF of we go with a 2 man FF line.

In a more advanced position he has the ability to step through midfield and slot over a few scores every game. He is best facing the ball but weak under puck outs so MF might be a nice position for him.

I'd rate him as one of our best players but he really needs to move the ball faster on some occasions. In the past he's been guilty of over elaboration on the ball and there's no need for it with his striking being at an elite level. Feed the FF line with his quality...and it could make our forward line tick
His problem on the ball was more at 6 than 7 in my opinion.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼