Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think two players in particular that must get extended game time in the league are Mícheál Mullins and Ethan Twomey. Both can play either at half back or midfield, and both are well good enough to break into this team. Eoin Downey was unlucky to be suspended for the Waterford game as he was a surefire starter. I fancy him to drive it on next year.

It goes without saying that Saunderson deserves a go. I wouldn't discount Collins yet though so it should be an interesting competition for that spot come March and April.

All in all, I don't understand the pessimism about our squad. The likes of Mullins, Twomey and Eoin Downey will be stronger, more experienced players next year better capable of taking a starting jersey and we have three massive players to come back and get a good Winter into them. The only worry I have is our lack of options in the fullback line.

Lads I heard from a reliable source during the week that Ciaran Joyce is still carrying a hamstring injury. The folly of flogging our inter county players by them playing 2 high level club games in 2 days has to stop. We will ruin the guy we can build an all Ireland winning team around

Lads I heard from a reliable source during the week that Ciaran Joyce is still carrying a hamstring injury. The folly of flogging our inter county players by them playing 2 high level club games in 2 days has to stop. We will ruin the guy we can build an all Ireland winning team around
No one is forcing him to play, just like no one forced him to go to America to play during the summer. By the way do you know what causes hamstring injuries?

As posted on here weeks ago Joyce got his latest hamstring as a result of playing u21 football for his club. As far as I recall he also came home from the US with a hamstring injury but stand to be corrected there.

But don't let any of that get in the way of your thinly veiled cut off the divisional sides.

In summary, we have very little if anyone coming through next year. The rot continues
The management have been conservative especially with only 2 players added from the AI U-20 team. The obsession with size, physique and S&C, is keeping the likes of William Buckley and Diarmuid Healy from the squad. We can just hope that Shane Kingston from the U-20's is now involved and that the right selectoral decisions are made within the squad in 2024 unlike this year.

I forgot to include Ger Millerick and Shane Barrett in the panel I posted for the 1st round of the league.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ger Wolfe
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼