Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Any more news on the release of these new "Championship-only Season tickets"? The GAA really made a balls of it this year, 140 euro for 5 league games, 3 of which are away from home, Wexford and Offaly away are not appealing at all. You get charged more per game with a season ticket than if you don't have a season ticket at all! Only the GAA could come up with something like that. Where is the incentive for a repeat customer, or loyalty? Holding people to ransom for the guarantee for a AI Final ticket is laughable, and a cop out.
Yes it is but these new championship packages, they are not season tickets, will not come with a guarantee of an all ireland final ticket, only the season ticket will do that

Have they ripped us off? Yes they have

Am I willing to take the chance on picking up all ireland final tickets if we get there? No I am not

The great thing about sport is the uncertainty.
It is constantly evolving and changing and we repeatedly see that there is no sure thing.
It isn't that many years ago when the discussion was if any county could ever win van All Ireland again, such was the Kilkenny dominance.

I must start paying more attention at games in the future. I didn't realise we were so terribly far behind Limerick and if you read the posts of some on here we are like lambs to the slaughter when playing them.
My memory was that in 2023 Limerick needed to beat us or risk going out of the championship altogether.
They eventually beat us by a point after getting what I think could be described as home town decisions.

I thought that we were competitive at least and I think probably unlucky on the day..... others may disagree.

We don't have to worry about what Limerick are doing in2024, we need to concern ourselves about what we are doing.
We need to get ourselves right and see where that brings us. If Limerick are good enough they will win again, if we are then we have a chance.

We have a young improving squad, it seems that we have three key players back from injury, we have a management team that hopefully has learned from their 2023 mistakes.

I don't know what 2024 will bring, but at present there are plenty of reasons to be hopeful.
Great post

I am looking at Tipp match,from last year on Tg4 If we haven't a lot of new men to come onto this year's team we are going no place.
I agree with this somewhat. At certain parts we were ripped apart. We can’t afford to keep going missing in matches. Hopefully the returning players from injury will make a difference.

I am looking at Tipp match,from last year on Tg4 If we haven't a lot of new men to come onto this year's team we are going no place.
It is a more generic/general comment than you would normally make. Who would you consider from that Tipp match to be unsuitable for this year's squad ?

Pat Ryan, in an interview a couple of months ago, spoke about the steep learning curve between management of an under 20m panel and management of a senior hurling panel. He said that he felt Cork were prepared for the Waterford and Limerick games but not the Tipperary game in particular or against Clare.

I hope we will see a different Cork this season, I hope the preparation will be better, I hope the team selection will be more focused and of course game management will be improved.

There is a reason so few counties win anything in the first year of a new managerial group.

The same players that drew with with Tipp although not playing terribly well also beat Waterford were beaten by a late late point in Ennis and performed well against Limerick.

Tbh, I don't honestly think we are that far off. But, you are right the inclusion of a new player or two is good for competition and keeping standards up.

Pat Ryan, in an interview a couple of months ago, spoke about the steep learning curve between management of an under 20m panel and management of a senior hurling panel. He said that he felt Cork were prepared for the Waterford and Limerick games but not the Tipperary game in particular or against Clare.

I hope we will see a different Cork this season, I hope the preparation will be better, I hope the team selection will be more focused and of course game management will be improved.

There is a reason so few counties win anything in the first year of a new managerial group.

The same players that drew with with Tipp although not playing terribly well also beat Waterford were beaten by a late late point in Ennis and performed well against Limerick.

Tbh, I don't honestly think we are that far off. But, you are right the inclusion of a new player or two is good for competition and keeping standards up.
We need to defend better....for O Connor goal we had 5 men near him and he walked through
Is there any such thing now of "standing up" your man?
We just run along beside him and try to flick ball away
Oh for a John Horgan,Rip

We need to defend better....for O Connor goal we had 5 men near him and he walked through
Is there any such thing now of "standing up" your man?
We just run along beside him and try to flick ball away
Oh for a John Horgan,Rip
I do agree that the full back line in particular included proper defenders. Players who have no interest in anything else other than defending their patch.
Over recent years we have conceded far too many scores because defenders have failed to do their most basic task.... defend.
Passes intercepted in dangerous areas, players losing possession because they dwell on the ball too long, players just defending tight enough on their man.
All of this has to improve.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
BoolaBoom
The Pav, Careys Lane

26th Oct 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

DJ Denis (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼