Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Watching back the Limerick game

It’s at half time and as I remember from the day we went toe to toe with them. We have the template to beat them, we just need a real goal threat from a long ball (Robbie is the man)

Will O Donoghue ran the first half for limerick, we just have to man mark him with like for like, asking Darragh to do that job took away a big threat we have going foward

I’ll be back at full time 🤣
I hope you’re right
on on a predominantly Limerick hurling forum
( the TFk) for years and we’ve not put Limerick to bed properly yet
Bar once,
I’d love to put one over on them,
They’re genuinely expecting to walk it again this summer

Second half over, unfortunately we lost by a point again.and it still sickens me

The cohesion in our play seemed to disappear in the second half. Now that could have been the impact of the tempo limerick play at, or the lack of real options at half foward when Roche, Tim and Deccie went off but with 10 minutes to go that game was over, and I hate saying this, but if that was 12 or 24 months previous we would have been bate out the gate.

This group have something different about them, there’s a never say die attitude that we haven’t seen in a long long time. If we can match that attitude with a more cohesive 70 minutes I think we’ll beat them in 2024

I hope you’re right
on on a predominantly Limerick hurling forum
( the TFk) for years and we’ve not put Limerick to bed properly yet
Bar once,
I’d love to put one over on them,
They’re genuinely expecting to walk it again this summer
They have earned the right to think that way, but fcuk em, time we got our act together and put an end to their reign

In comparison to Limerick
No
That’s just my opinion mind you,
They’re definitely decent
But not in the same league as the Limerick panel,
Darragh F is an exception,
Hoggie is Hoggie- great servant,
Never see a Celtic cross unfortunately,
I genuinely hope I’m entirely wrong in my judgement
With respect that’s Bullshit, limerick have great players but more importantly they have a great team, we don’t have that settled look, yet. Change is coming

Plenty outstanding players
Hoggie Dalton Robbie Connolly harnedy darragh Fitz Coleman joyce
2024 will be a great year if we stay fit
We all hope it will be a great year, but if you take Limerick as a barometer( you have to really), how many of them will start in a Limerick team?
Also, you have other variables, Hoggy and Harnedy's age. Connolly and Coleman coming from back serious injuries, Robbie too. Is Dalton even going to start (he should imo). Fitz is an absolute conundrum, he is like a 20 minute Hollywood show reel and then nothing for long spells.

People are confusing good players with truly outstanding players. You need 2/3 of the latter kind to win an AI. I really hope we find them but I’d be worried.
Unfortunately I think we'd know about any exceptional player waiting to explode on the senior scene by now. They're normally well flagged from underage.

I personally think Alan Connolly may be one of the only players we have with potential to be elevated above the very good.

Possibly Brian Cunningham too.

We need change All know it But we’ve not had a team In years Jbm all Ireland winning team fell over the line Had f all since And with respect that’s an honest opinion No griping, I’m as passionate ref Cork GAA as anyone But we’ve been blindsided fir years, For the love of fuck, In a county this size, with the most GAA clubs in the country, A decent budget, Facilities better than most, Gyms Motivational experts at their beck n call and we can’t produce a winning team???? Something seriously wrong for decades ,

Second half over, unfortunately we lost by a point again.and it still sickens me

The cohesion in our play seemed to disappear in the second half. Now that could have been the impact of the tempo limerick play at, or the lack of real options at half foward when Roche, Tim and Deccie went off but with 10 minutes to go that game was over, and I hate saying this, but if that was 12 or 24 months previous we would have been bate out the gate.

This group have something different about them, there’s a never say die attitude that we haven’t seen in a long long time. If we can match that attitude with a more cohesive 70 minutes I think we’ll beat them in 2024
This group have something different about them

Honestly I’ve been hearing this for yonks
Simples- when it comes to the crunch we calve

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼