Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think we all know the shortcomings of the team over the last few years. I do think it’ll take a few years to come good and really challenge. Unfortunately I don’t see either Harnedy or Hoggie getting All Ireland medals. It'll be no mark against them if they don’t.

I hope I am wrong but my opinion is we are behind Clare, Galway, Kilkenny, possibly Tipp and Limerick. Trying to get above all in one year will be very difficult.

Anyway we won’t really know until the season plays out. Looking forward to it now!!

Endless good hurlers in Cork but sadly very few brilliant ones. That’s Corks problem in a nutshell. Lots of good hurlers on view today - but hardly one outstanding player.
I was told exactly that at a fitzgibbon cup match in mary I in 2016/7(almost sure of the yr) by a galway man mary I were playing nuig. His exact words were limerick have loads of good hurlers but none outstanding I probably agreed with him at the time.
I hope you’re right
on on a predominantly Limerick hurling forum
( the TFk) for years and we’ve not put Limerick to bed properly yet
Bar once,
I’d love to put one over on them,
They’re genuinely expecting to walk it again this summer
I or none of my friends are thinking that way I think we'll be close but nothing guaranteed.
Personally I think cork are our biggest threat. I guess time will tell.

I think we all know the shortcomings of the team over the last few years. I do think it’ll take a few years to come good and really challenge. Unfortunately I don’t see either Harnedy or Hoggie getting All Ireland medals. It'll be no mark against them if they don’t.

I hope I am wrong but my opinion is we are behind Clare, Galway, Kilkenny, possibly Tipp and Limerick. Trying to get above all in one year will be very difficult.

Anyway we won’t really know until the season plays out. Looking forward to it now!!
I think Limerick are slightly ahead of the rest but after that I’d put us in the same group as Galway, Kilkenny and Clare as real live contenders. Our of those counties we have by far the best crop of youngsters coming through and that allied to a more robust on pitch style we are developing will see us get over the line in the next few years, hopefully this year

I think Limerick are slightly ahead of the rest but after that I’d put us in the same group as Galway, Kilkenny and Clare as real live contenders. Our of those counties we have by far the best crop of youngsters coming through and that allied to a more robust on pitch style we are developing will see us get over the line in the next few years, hopefully this year
I really hope so. We need All Star form from Coleman, Fitzgibbon and Joyce and our lot will improve. S&C development is critical.

I was told exactly that at a fitzgibbon cup match in mary I in 2016/7(almost sure of the yr) by a galway man mary I were playing nuig. His exact words were limerick have loads of good hurlers but none outstanding I probably agreed with him at the time.
All Ireland titles turn good grounded players into different animals, it’s that inner belief that comes from winning that drives players and teams to greater heights. The same can be said of managements
I or none of my friends are thinking that way I think we'll be close but nothing guaranteed.
Personally I think cork are our biggest threat. I guess time will tell.
This year will be really interesting, but you have to go out and take Limerick on, test them, waiting for them to drop their standards is futile, a truly great team

As long as kelly fails to deliver consistently on the big days clare wont get over The line, TJ on the way down will see Kk struggle as well,

I really hope so. We need All Star form from Coleman, Fitzgibbon and Joyce and our lot will improve. S&C development is critical.
Marks positioning will be very interesting. I felt (a bit like TOC v Clare last year) he was being exposed under high ball a few years ago and he’d be better off at 8 or 11, but the game has changed drastically since then, now wing backs are left free when the ball is on the opposite wing, which would suit Mark down to the ground. He does need to bulk up, which he has, and bring a more aggressive approach to his game

Darragh is the same, brilliant hurler and athlete but he plays on the edges of the game and can drift out of the game for long periods. But he is vital to us succeeding. I’d play him at 11

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Darren Kiely
Cork City Hall

8th Mar 2025 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Notes From Sheepland (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼