Cork Hurlers - Part 2

As posted on here weeks ago Joyce got his latest hamstring as a result of playing u21 football for his club. As far as I recall he also came home from the US with a hamstring injury but stand to be corrected there.

But don't let any of that get in the way of your thinly veiled cut off the divisional sides.
Your information matches my own

If you can’t see the folly in a divisional side flogging a half injured inter county star 24 hours after playing with his club I can’t help you

Your information matches my own

If you can’t see the folly in a divisional side flogging a half injured inter county star 24 hours after playing with his club I can’t help you
Is it only 'intercounty stars' that shouldn't be flogged?

Ciaran Joyce is his own man. He'll decide what he can and can't do. Looks to me that he is honoured to respresent his division and people should respect that decision.

Is it only 'intercounty stars' that shouldn't be flogged?

Ciaran Joyce is his own man. He'll decide what he can and can't do. Looks to me that he is honoured to respresent his division and people should respect that decision.
Completely agree with Ciaran Joyce is his own man and make his own decision.
But as an Inter County player there has been several players across both hurling and football over the years that have been advised by the Cork GAA Medical Teams not to play with their club due to injury.

And I also agree it should be applied to everyone and not just intercounty stars, and when you apply that you could find a lot more example of fellas that are willing to wear the jersey despite injuries.
There is a fine line between honored and stubbornness tho, some example have done it out of stubbornness and ended up on the sideline for longer in a worse situation than first day.

Conflict between inter county and club has reduced with the split season. However it’s still an issue when players are long term injured. The position is that Cork GAA aren’t going to pay for medical care and treatments for a player recovering from long term injury just for him to bow to pressure from the club to tog in club championship. It’s seems in that situation that Cork have some hold over the player.

A mighty march on tv today.. Na Fianna v O Loughlin Gaels
I thought ba fianna left it behind them. They missed too many frees. Donal Burke was a huge loss. OLG play exactly like KK, hands everywhere. Deegan had some game in fairness but Na fianna management were very remiss in not trying to nullify him, he was free man all day.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Please! Launch Party

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼