Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He didn't knock Cork, he knocked the previous county board, and was right to do so. The graph he displayed on TSG after our defeat to Galway in 2015 made for sickening reading. Do you want him, or us, to hide from the truth? That graph would make for a very very different reading now.

Now that we actually have a competent county board, when do you ever hear him knock Cork? He's always full of praise for the current group of players and management.

What's wrong with being full of praise for Limerick? They are an all time great team and set-up. Let's not forget the issues they've had in the past with mismanagement at the administration level. Do you think it was their strike in 2010 that set them back years?

Blaming the strike for our woes at senior level is so wide of the mark. Sadly, that rhetoric will not alter amongst some of the dinosaurs on here.
123 you are missing the point I’m afraid.
We are talking about ex county players saying things in the media that puts pressure on the opposition and on refs..
Your point only illustrates how different some of ours are to that, putting up tables on National prime time tv!! Sure everyone involved in Cork knew all that already.. didn’t need a presentation from some lad showing off PowerPoint on the Sunday game 😂😂

CCB were only interested in a new stadium and if Cork were competitive enough that kept them happy,2018 was the first time this century we appeared in an u21 final and i think 2017 was the first time we were in a minor final since 2001.
If you blame Donal og for his part in the famine you are way off the mark.
Students are entering college this year who were not alive when we last won the hurling. The tide is turning and that is because we have a CCB that are prepared to do what ever it takes to get us back on top.

CCB were only interested in a new stadium and if Cork were competitive enough that kept them happy,2018 was the first time this century we appeared in an u21 final and i think 2017 was the first time we were in a minor final since 2001.
If you blame Donal og for his part in the famine you are way off the mark.
Students are entering college this year who were not alive when we last won the hurling. The tide is turning and that is because we have a CCB that are prepared to do what ever it takes to get us back on top.
Interesting viewpoint. You are the only person I’ve encountered in many years that thinks the strike didn’t destroy Cork hurling for a long time.. even those that ran the strike think it did.. Bar a couple.
The positives that are only happening now has nothing to do with the strike, I agree.

Cork had the upper hand at the time.. a brilliant team who got massively distracted, and didn’t win what they should have.. instead they opened the door for KK.. then the rot that set in
Better hurling men than me have written all about this. The regrets haunt some of those involved every day, even 20 years later.

Sean Og spoke about it on the Sunday game and gave the examiner that interview

“Seán Óg Ó hAilpín regrets casualties of 'filthy, callous, cold' strike aftermath. Not a day goes by that Seán Óg Ó hAilpín doesn’t reflect on things that were said during the Cork player strikes and the ‘filthy’ aftermath”​

Casualties refer to my opinion the innocent Management Team, Selectors etc that were all caught up in the strike which was against the Board.

As UpCork123 stated above Donal Og was critical of County Board and showed graphs to back up what he was saying, he also highlighted the Limerick Hurlers Strike in 2010 and look at them now.

As we are all aware the new board are great and still finding skeletons, the 2 bank accounts well hidden, yet at the time players couldn't get basic needs of hurling set up and Brian Corcoran asked for money after room service.

Interesting viewpoint. You are the only person I’ve encountered in many years that thinks the strike didn’t destroy Cork hurling for a long time.. even those that ran the strike think it did.. Barca couple.
The positives that are happening now has nothing to do with any of those strikers.
Again you are missing the point and pointing fingers in the wrong place entirely.

Why did the strike happen?
Do you seriously think Cork failed to win a MUNSTER minor or u21 for ten years due to the fucking strike?

Frankeen and co dropped the ball, and what a ball they dropped. They have fucked us. Cronies in a lot of the clubs around the county are equally to blame for the state we were in.

It was the 2 footballers Kiely and Kinnerk and the horse man’s money sorted Limerick hurling.. nothing else
Money has sorted all the shit situations they had, they've the best of the best in the country. The set ups, training facilities, best backroom teams of S+C and analysis.
But again that stemmed from the strike and proper hurling men with interests getting involved.

Not like down here with Frank and Board giving jobs to yes men.

I suspect you're one of these yes men. The county board neglected underage/Rebel Og for years. West Cork yes men got the football looking after their buddies sons who couldn't catch a cold never mind a ball, and City Yes men got the hurling and same happened there.
We did have late bloomers in Senior teams but that also stems from the neglect shown to them at underage cause their dad didn't know the manager.
All you have to do is look at the U20 team this year alone and look at the clubs who are not traditionally known for hurling.
Why? Cause the current county board invested in underage set ups.-

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼