Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Limerick supporter but cork based so I watch cork regularly and would have interest especially with taking cork kids to games. I don’t normally post on this thread but just my thoughts. Firstly Great game. It’s amazing how we have different perspectives watching our own teams reading some posts. Personally Felt Owens gave Limerick nothing at the game although I think a full rewatch on telly may prove different. I agree the penalty was soft but I felt cork got a few frees that were very soft. And there’s a 101 other frees that aren’t given on both sides. It’s become almost impossible to referee. Amongst the Limerick supporters we certainly felt extremely aggrieved about quite a few decisions. But then that’s sport. Cork scored heavily from frees while we only got 3 points. Had horgans goal not snuck in would we have seen as tight a finish? Nicky won’t be happy letting that one squirm in. Cork have improved massively this year. Starting to find solutions to a lot of the problem positions. But Can’t expect harnedy and Horgan to go much longer. Cunningham will solve the Horgan conundrum with frees but is there a guy to replace harnedy. Jesus you’d be in awe of his ability to score and win ball when a team really needs it. A clutch player !!!! Personally I think that’s harder to find. Cork went well behind in the third quarter in tipp Clare and Limerick games and worked out how to still be in a shout at 72 mins in all those games. Small margins….add OFlynn Coleman Cunningham and Connolly. However limerick and Clare have gotten very sharp at winning tight games. Limerick mixed the good with the average I felt. Definitely improving but that wouldn’t be hard.

The ref had a shit day.
It had a bearing on the game.
That's not moaning, it's stating facts.
Such is life but we are allowed point it out on a discussion forum as did Canning on the Sunday game.
Gillane was cute in the two instances and the decisions went his way. In fairness if it was the other way around we wouldn't be complaining. I thought the Kyle Hayes belt was a red though. But lads...our puck outs were a disaster. Limerick dominated us around the middle in that early second half burst and that was the winning of the match. They are great champions but we are getting close.

Yeah pulling it back in that late has been a consistent characteristic of this team. That's a great sign. Last year in the Pairc was a complete shambles. We've def improved. Just can't get my head around the fact we are out so early in the calendar year.
I remember 1966 and only for a somewhat lucky last minute 30 yard free by Justin McCarthy,which resulted in a goal to tie the first round against Clare, we would have been out. As it was, Cork hammered Clare in replay and went on to win the all Ireland. Such is sport, and often hinges on fine margins! Today was a tough one to take, but in the long scheme of things, Cork will win many more all Ireland’s, and I feel sooner rather than later!

Limerick supporter but cork based so I watch cork regularly and would have interest especially with taking cork kids to games. I don’t normally post on this thread but just my thoughts. Firstly Great game. It’s amazing how we have different perspectives watching our own teams reading some posts. Personally Felt Owens gave Limerick nothing at the game although I think a full rewatch on telly may prove different. I agree the penalty was soft but I felt cork got a few frees that were very soft. And there’s a 101 other frees that aren’t given on both sides. It’s become almost impossible to referee. Amongst the Limerick supporters we certainly felt extremely aggrieved about quite a few decisions. But then that’s sport. Cork scored heavily from frees while we only got 3 points. Had horgans goal not snuck in would we have seen as tight a finish? Nicky won’t be happy letting that one squirm in. Cork have improved massively this year. Starting to find solutions to a lot of the problem positions. But Can’t expect harnedy and Horgan to go much longer. Cunningham will solve the Horgan conundrum with frees but is there a guy to replace harnedy. Jesus you’d be in awe of his ability to score and win ball when a team really needs it. A clutch player !!!! Personally I think that’s harder to find. Cork went well behind in the third quarter in tipp Clare and Limerick games and worked out how to still be in a shout at 72 mins in all those games. Small margins….add OFlynn Coleman Cunningham and Connolly. However limerick and Clare have gotten very sharp at winning tight games. Limerick mixed the good with the average I felt. Definitely improving but that wouldn’t be hard.
Good post but Limerick did a lot of cynical fouling of our forwards when we were trying to engineer goal chances. You could call it cuteness.

Very disappointed with the result but very proud of this Cork team. So much to admire from them. They have given us 4 great games. Nothing better then hurling.
Well said, some warriors for Cork today, Hoggie, Harnedy & Joyce. I've been critical of Fitz this year, very good today. TOM and DD were solid. I know he missed a goal chance but TOM touch was class at times, the overhead flick for Fitz point, lovely hurling.

Conversation for a different day. Cork GAA needs both codes thriving.
Agree with this ! There was a time when the hurlers were knocked out, we’d get a good run with footballers. Most of the city teams had good dual teams, and a lot of players played both hurling and football ie. JBM, Denis Coughlan and Ray Cummins. I’ll definitely be following the football. Truth be told, I was as much a Cork Hibs and a rugby fan as I was a GAA supporter during 1970’s. It’s sport and should be enjoyed!

So Gillane hitting the post and gillane/Hayes making a balls of 2 other chances were made up :ROFLMAO:

Throw in Flanagan blazing a ball just over the bar near the end

Some characters on this thread at times
Fair point,we’ve got red tint on here. I would imagine that most forums teams are the same? I’ve never been on the Limerick one and probably won’t. Might be a good idea to balance perspective.
Those were missed chances for sure today, some good last ditch defending also. Don’t forget TOM missed an absolute sitter right after the penalty.

This thread is gold at times though, fellas tearing into their keypads at each other😂.

Good luck for the rest of it anyway

Well said, some warriors for Cork today, Hoggie, Harnedy & Joyce. I've been critical of Fitz this year, very good today. TOM and DD were solid. I know he missed a goal chance but TOM touch was class at times, the overhead flick for Fitz point, lovely hurling.
TOM seems brainless to me, might have to watch the game back but I don’t recall to many instances of him dominating. His assist for fitz was class.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼