Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Were Tipp really better than us though?
I thought we were pretty much equal overall.
They were torn asunder in stages by us, grant it those stages were limited to about quarter of the game but they had no answer defensively to us in those periods.
I agree, if we can find that consistency we are missing I give us a great chance on Sunday. But if Limerick go 5 or 6 up on us we are goosed

With the champions likely needing a win to prolong their involvement in the championship, John Kiely has made one change from the side that drew 0-25 apiece with Tipperary in Semple Stadium. The impressive Cathal O'Neill drops to the bench, replaced by Peter Casey at corner-forward.

Limerick: Nickie Quaid; Mike Casey, Dan Morrissey, Barry Nash; Diarmuid Byrnes, Declan Hannon, Kyle Hayes; Diarmuid O'Donovan, Will O'Donoghue; Gearóid Hegarty, Cian Lynch, Tom Morrissey; Aaron Gillane, Seamus Flanagan, Peter Casey.

Dummy team? 100%.

Were Tipp really better than us though?
I thought we were pretty much equal overall.
They were torn asunder in stages by us, grant it those stages were limited to about quarter of the game but they had no answer defensively to us in those periods.
I think this is very important point.

At times in this championship Cork have been unplayable, teams were on the ropes big time and we should have punished them. The point is we have seen glimpses of what they are capable of and I'm sure Pat Ryan is working hard to get these performances over 70+ mins as opposed to a quarter here and there.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

I think this is very important point.

At times in this championship Cork have been unplayable, teams were on the ropes big time and we should have punished them. The point is we have seen glimpses of what they are capable of and I'm sure Pat Ryan is working hard to get these performances over 70+ mins as opposed to a quarter here and there.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
It actually took it took 1,229 years to build Rome. Are you suggesting Pat Ryan should get the same amount of time?

Limericks demise is overblown, other teams notably tipp and Clare have improved and we will see if cork have. All limerick need to click on Sunday is for both hegarty and lynch to perform and I think they will as champions react best when under pressure.
There is no doubt finn is a huge loss even to limerick but not sure cork have the ability to really make a dent there, limerick have only conceded 1 goal so far in the championship and didn’t even give away a goal chance Vs tipp, we all know cork would need at least 3
I don't think anybody is dismissing Limerick but the fact remains that most of their players have been at the highest level of hurling for 7 and 8 years and that must take a toll.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

CSM Pop Degree Showcase

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼