Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Delighted with that team selection, I think it's the best match ups we have available.

This Cork team or at least a large part of it have been humiliated by Limerick in the AI final and Munster championship in the last 2 years and now we have the chance for revenge to knock these bastards out. I really hope they take this chance!

Looking forward to travelling up on Sunday with a few old friends to enjoy the match and a few pints.

Limericks demise is overblown, other teams notably tipp and Clare have improved and we will see if cork have. All limerick need to click on Sunday is for both hegarty and lynch to perform and I think they will as champions react best when under pressure.
There is no doubt finn is a huge loss even to limerick but not sure cork have the ability to really make a dent there, limerick have only conceded 1 goal so far in the championship and didn’t even give away a goal chance Vs tipp, we all know cork would need at least 3

Limerick are great we all know it. They are a bit off their standard. Great teams usually don’t go out with a wimper and failing to get out of Munster qualifies as such. I just don’t see it. One thing that will go a long way to helping Cork’s chances is Limerick’s knack for having off shooting days. They never seem to come against Cork and maybe that’s because the pressure hasn’t been there against Cork. Do we get a day where they are inaccurate? It could be the difference if it happens.
Not sure we necessarily need to them to be inaccurate.
They haven't been scoring as heavily as previous years, so limiting them to their scoring average for this year which may will suffice if we take OUR chances.
Limerick have only conceded 1 goal so far, so goals will be hard to come by. If we can match our scoring average to date - approx 28pts - we will be in with a great shout.

I can’t fathom how so many here seem to think Limerick are there for the taking. Not saying we can’t win but Limerick have lost 1 game so far and by a point. They showed last week against Tipp they’re not gone anywhere yet.

Let’s remember that both Clare and Tipp have improved massively and are genuine serious contenders for the All Ireland. Are we? I don’t think we are this year.

I can’t fathom how so many here seem to think Limerick are there for the taking. Not saying we can’t win but Limerick have lost 1 game so far and by a point. They showed last week against Tipp they’re not gone anywhere yet.

Let’s remember that both Clare and Tipp have improved massively and are genuine serious contenders for the All Ireland. Are we? I don’t think we are this year.
And Clare bate us by? and we drew with Tipp.
Not world beaters - but the job is there to be done and on a day like today, it is well doable.

And Clare bate us by? and we drew with Tipp.
Not world beaters - but the job is there to be done and on a day like today, it is well doable.
It’s generally accepted that Clare could have beaten us by more and that we should have been beaten by Tipp too isn’t it? We played for 15 minutes against Tipp and Clare had a lot of wides last week. Something tells me that Limerick won’t be so generous.

It’s generally accepted that Clare could have beaten us by more and that we should have been beaten by Tipp too isn’t it? We played for 15 minutes against Tipp and Clare had a lot of wides last week. Something tells me that Limerick won’t be so generous.
Limerick got a goal at the end of the Clare match to bring it back to 1? Tipp dominated the majority of the match in Thurles last week?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼