Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Some game.

Great to see a Cork team that just won't led their heads drop. In terms of hurling that wasn't exactly a vintage performance. But in terms of attitude THAT WAS FUCKING SPOT ON!

You can coach hurling. You can't coach attitude and mentality. These lads were born to win, and they will not take no for an answer - even if they're playing badly. First time I've seen a Cork team with that 'never say die' character in many years. Bravo Cork.

Tonight was about heart rather than performance. There is no way we would have gotten anything from this game in previous years
We really collapsed after a blistering start and I wonder if the six day turnaround had an influence. I noticed as well that the strong breeze that Tipp had in the first half died away for the second half.

I thought Cahalane and O Leary had great games as did Harnedy and Dalton. I did think however that Dalton was playing more as a wing back than wing forward in the second half. I thought we were too deep and our full forward line was too isolated.

Great to see another your player get a chance and Brian Hayes did not disappoint. Eoin Downey will have better days but it will have been a great learning experience for him.
We have now seen Tommy O Connell, Brian Roche, Eoin Downey, Padraig Power, Ciaran Joyce , Brian Hayes and Shane Barrett from the successful under 20 teams all getting on the pitch.
Agree 💯

Sun in the first half was a killer for scoring accuracy I think. That improved a good bit in the second half.

I thought Tim played fierce well when introduced. I don't rate him as a back but is a serious hurler.

I'm still not sure on t o connell. He doesn't strike me as a top class inter County hurler.

Lucky to get out of jail. Great game though.

Harney mighty. Kingston v dangerous
How many rucks did TOC win tonight? I reckon 5 or so? He put in a serious shift against a very strong Tipp midfield.

One thing to take from tonight:
Tipp know exactly what they’re up to, crystal clear game plan that everyone’s on same page with, we are a work in progress on that front…

But great character to dig out the point , and almost sneak it - we’re going places lads

The Hayes goal is just a beautiful thing - each contribution from the 4 or 5 players is just class

How many rucks did TOC win tonight? I reckon 5 or so? He put in a serious shift against a very strong Tipp midfield.

One thing to take from tonight:
Tipp know exactly what they’re up to, crystal clear game plan that everyone’s on same page with, we are a work in progress on that front…

But great character to dig out the point , and almost sneak it - we’re going places lads

The Hayes goal is just a beautiful thing - each contribution from the 4 or 5 players is just class

He put in an unreal shift. Came out of so many rucks with ball in hand. I’d him down as a loose hurler but he won savage amount of dirty ball tonight. Great bit of stuff he is.

They've a fucking tough job. It's a huge field and hurling is lightning fast.
Absolutely. The game tonight was played at incredible pace, especially in the first quarter, with players flying around like pinballs. Impossible for any ref to get every call right. I mentioned some mistakes in an earlier post to make clear that Dwyer made big calls which (imo) favoured each side.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Charlie's, Union Quay

11th Aug 2024 @ 3:30 pm
More info..

Dmac Burns

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼