Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We were very lucky to get the draw.
Destroyed in midfield all night.
Eoin Downey needs to be deployed closer to goal.
Tim o Mahony to start midfield the next day.
I like Shane Barrett but two games of wides makes me concerned
Shane Kingston confirmed yet again that he’s a superb impact sub.
Brian Hayes like Alan Connolly has the eye for goal.
Lehane an impact sub I hope for the season.
The big plus from this evening is we’ve a panel of 20+ players capable of championship heat.

Should Hoggie have been replaced? Had a good first half but his movement was very poor in the second half, only for Kingston we were winning nothing inside. Thought Power should have come in for him around 55 mins
I said the same thing at the match, Power for Hoggy with 15 minutes to go, but that might have meant Brian Hayes not getting on to score that vital goal

Should Hoggie have been replaced? Had a good first half but his movement was very poor in the second half, only for Kingston we were winning nothing inside. Thought Power should have come in for him around 55 mins
Probably should have been seeing as Dalton was flying on the long range frees but I thought Tipp had the sweeper well positioned to stop the ball going into him. If he gets the ball in his hand he’s still our most lethal forward

Tonight was about heart rather than performance. There is no way we would have gotten anything from this game in previous years
We really collapsed after a blistering start and I wonder if the six day turnaround had an influence. I noticed as well that the strong breeze that Tipp had in the first half died away for the second half.

I thought Cahalane and O Leary had great games as did Harnedy and Dalton. I did think however that Dalton was playing more as a wing back than wing forward in the second half. I thought we were too deep and our full forward line was too isolated.

Great to see another your player get a chance and Brian Hayes did not disappoint. Eoin Downey will have better days but it will have been a great learning experience for him.
We have now seen Tommy O Connell, Brian Roche, Eoin Downey, Padraig Power, Ciaran Joyce , Brian Hayes and Shane Barrett from the successful under 20 teams all getting on the pitch.

Tonight was about heart rather than performance. There is no way we would have gotten anything from this game in previous years
We really collapsed after a blistering start and I wonder if the six day turnaround had an influence. I noticed as well that the strong breeze that Tipp had in the first half died away for the second half.

I thought Cahalane and O Leary had great games as did Harnedy and Dalton. I did think however that Dalton was playing more as a wing back than wing forward in the second half. I thought we were too deep and our full forward line was too isolated.

Great to see another your player get a chance and Brian Hayes did not disappoint. Eoin Downey will have better days but it will have been a great learning experience for him.
We have now seen Tommy O Connell, Brian Roche, Eoin Downey, Padraig Power, Ciaran Joyce , Brian Hayes and Shane Barrett from the successful under 20 teams all getting on the pitch.
Bang on

Stuck in the game and did very well to get a draw. Outside of the first 10 minutes we were well out hurled though. Cahill and Bevans are top class operators, the improvement in them is off the charts in a few months. Don’t see the same improvement in us or anything close really.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Micky Overman - Comedy Stop Cork
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

11th Oct 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Bellyman

The Pav, Today @ 12am

More events ▼