Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Between Ben and Jack Leahy there is two serious talents at that age if Ben sticks with the stick ball
Lads Ben is getting named on the Ireland U20 Rugby Squad that is a fact.He is goin to Rubgy the dogs on the street know this and Irish Rubgy is on a high we are now a Rugby Country First and Foremost before any other sport.

Lads Ben is getting named on the Ireland U20 Rugby Squad that is a fact.He is goin to Rubgy the dogs on the street know this and Irish Rubgy is on a high we are now a Rugby Country First and Foremost before any other sport.
🤣🤣🤣
Jaysus, I've lived oblivious to what's going on in that Ireland rugby land of which you speak.

Must be from the wrong neighbourhood

Lads Ben is getting named on the Ireland U20 Rugby Squad that is a fact.
For the World Cup in SA? That tournament starts 24th June, they will be in camp at least 2 weeks beforehand. They won't be picking any leaving cert students.
The 2024 u20 squad isn't picked till September this year.

Dagame

If Ben commits to Rugby he can't be an Irish U-20 player until 2024 and probably later before he plays for the Province. As I already pointed out Darren Sweetnam committed to Rugby as a career but he first played senior inter-county hurling. I believe the only thing that may prevent Ben from playing inter-county senior this year is the Leaving Cert and not the call to Rugby.

Dagame

If Ben commits to Rugby he can't be an Irish U-20 player until 2024 and probably later before he plays for the Province. As I already pointed out Darren Sweetnam committed to Rugby as a career but he first played senior inter-county hurling. I believe the only thing that may prevent Ben from playing inter-county senior this year is the Leaving Cert and not the call to Rugby.
Don’t agree. If he is going down the pro route then he and his advisors will have to take a pro view on things, like others have done.
Once they finish school or normally even before, it’s Protect the rugby asset. It’s far too lucrative now. €100k a year togging for Munster or €500k for Ireland.
What used to be very attractive was GAA guys getting great marketing roles, a rep or bank job but those days are gone.

JimmyBarrySmurph

Fair enough but the marketing roles and jobs for GAA players by the GAA were gone at least in Cork before Darren Sweetnam and he still had time to play championship but the issue was the championship then started in June and not April. It still comes down to what Ben wants to do rather than respective organisations.

a friend of mines son was an academy player for munster a few years back after 2 years he gave it up ,went back to college and is now playing senior club rugby with his club. Becoming an academy player is only a stepping stone some make it the majority dont..
IF Ben is as good a player at hurling that i think he can be with a good agent he could become a very wealthy man.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

UCC Music Recitals

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼