Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Physically Twomey was targeted again and it will be his glaring weakness until he fills out. Far more confident on the ball though and a fine shift. Hayes needs to use his physicality more. He's a bit timid and keen to avoid the dirty work. Downey looked lost at times but grew into it.

Just home, I’m perished but delighted 🤣 we showed great grit and fight to get something out of that game. We are still undefeated and that’s not to be sniffed at.

On the game itself that was a game of two half’s if ever I saw one. The first half was a wide open affair with little regard for defending by either side. The second half bar the last 5 minutes was as tight and dour a game as I’ve ever seen

Player wise I thought Ethan Twomey, Brian Roche, Seamus Harnedy (who was having a brilliant game before getting injured), Declan Dalton (just give the man the frees and be done with it), Brian Hayes and Paudie Power were the pick of our fellas. All in the frame now.

Jack O Connor showed glimpses of his threat but he disappeared completely in the second half. playing himself, Conor Lehane and Shane Kingston is a recipe for disaster but at least Pat hopefully raleslises that now. One of them will start championship, two if Robbie is not fit but please not all three together

Good to see Lehane, Damien and Millerick back playing but worrying that both Seanus and Dalton went off with tight hamstrings in the first half. Heard an interview with Pat after the game and said both came off as a precaution but won’t be involved next weekend but if it was championship they would so that’s a good sign

Lads we played an almost full strength Clare today and stood up to them. We have some talent coming through

I don't know whether Tony Kelly is playing like an NBA player going through the motions and waiting until the serious stuff starts or what but he was completely anonymous today and from what I've been told it wasn't a once off.

Just home, I’m perished but delighted 🤣 we showed great grit and fight to get something out of that game. We are still undefeated and that’s not to be sniffed at.

On the game itself that was a game of two half’s if ever I saw one. The first half was a wide open affair with little regard for defending by either side. The second half bar the last 5 minutes was as tight and dour a game as I’ve ever seen

Player wise I thought Ethan Twomey, Brian Roche, Seamus Harnedy (who was having a brilliant game before getting injured), Declan Dalton (just give the man the frees and be done with it), Brian Hayes and Paudie Power were the pick of our fellas. All in the frame now.

Jack O Connor showed glimpses of his threat but he disappeared completely in the second half. playing himself, Conor Lehane and Shane Kingston is a recipe for disaster but at least Pat hopefully raleslises that now. One of them will start championship, two if Robbie is not fit but please not all three together

Good to see Lehane, Damien and Millerick back playing but worrying that both Seanus and Dalton went off with tight hamstrings in the first half. Heard an interview with Pat after the game and said both came off as a precaution but won’t be involved next weekend but if it was championship they would so that’s a good sign

Lads we played an almost full strength Clare today and stood up to them. We have some talent coming through
Thanks for the update R&B. Did any of the wing back line impress?

Thanks for the update R&B. Did any of the wing back line impress?
Cathal Cormack played smart ball and was composed enough on the ball. Handy option to have. Wouldn't give you the heeby jeebies when it comes to tense moments of games playing out the back.

Daire O Leary fared better when he was moved out to wing back. He's not our answer at 3 for me.

O Brien I think is rock solid and a player that surely will play a decent part in the big stuff this year.

Cathal Cormack played smart ball and was composed enough on the ball. Handy option to have. Wouldn't give you the heeby jeebies when it comes to tense moments of games playing out the back.

Daire O Leary fared better when he was moved out to wing back. He's not our answer at 3 for me.

O Brien I think is rock solid and a player that surely will play a decent part in the big stuff this year.
Cheers Thistlecrack

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼