Cork Hurlers - Part 2

For me there are three certain starters in the backs O Donoghue, Joyce and Cahalane.
If fit then I think Millerick may well be another.

There will be an all merciful scramble for the last two/three spots. We haven't seen Daire O Leary at all yet and he could play as a full back or wing back, he did both for Pat Ryan previously. The two Downeys, Niall O Leary, O Leary Hayes as well and Tommy O Connell and Conor O Callaghan need to be added to that mix after their performances last Saturday. Eoin Roche needs to be mentioned also.

For me there are three certain starters in the backs O Donoghue, Joyce and Cahalane.
If fit then I think Millerick may well be another.

There will be an all merciful scramble for the last two/three spots. We haven't seen Daire O Leary at all yet and he could play as a full back or wing back, he did both for Pat Ryan previously. The two Downeys, Niall O Leary, O Leary Hayes as well and Tommy O Connell and Conor O Callaghan need to be added to that mix after their performances last Saturday. Eoin Roche needs to be mentioned also.
I would say only Sean and Ciaran are certain to start championship, Damien is in pole position for a spot but I wouldn’t say he’s a cert. And don’t forget Ethan Twomey wing back as well and god knows where Tim will end up

Last edited:
r&b

Nothing about hell freezing over there just an acknowledgement that I would look at all other options first during the league for the position. Now these options aren't attainable with Ryan Walsh and Daire O'Leary injured but I am delighted the management have looked at Eoin Downey in the position and he was excellent on the night. Again your quote is false and has no relevance when you didn't select Damien full-back anyway and in fact left him out of the team altogether until Morello gave you a dig that changed your mind again, another typical sign.of weakness and hypocrisy. As I stated it's all in black and white!🤣

It’s ther
r&b

Nothing about hell freezing over there just an acknowledgement that I would look at all other options first during the league for the position. Now these options aren't attainable with Ryan Walsh and Daire O'Leary injured but I am delighted the management have looked at Eoin Downey in the position and he was excellent on the night. Again your quote is false and has no relevance when you didn't select Damien full-back anyway and in fact left him out of the team altogether until Morello gave you a dig that changed your mind again, another typical sign.of weakness and hypocrisy. As I stated it's all in black and white!🤣
Its there in black and white for all to see so stop embarrassing yourself further you lying toe rag

Good! Let’s see how Damien does then. Personally, I like him as he is a physical robust hurler who can adapt to several positions. Answering your question, people will always defend players from their own club, especially if the criticism is unwarranted!

When someone states they wouldn't start a player on their best championship 15 that is not criticism, it is the opinion of a poster which they are entitled to give on an open forum.

To be fair, no time for abuse of guys who're doing their best putting their bodies on the line as amateurs for Cork but I think most of us would tread carefully criticising any player face-to-face. That shouldn't mean the players are above criticism.

That said, I think there are a few players that a lot of people seem to "love to hate". Guys who for some reason or another seem to get targeted for more criticism than others, and more criticism than they deserve compared to others. And it's not confined to Cork, or ever hurling, or even GAA in general.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Cahalane mightn't have the hurling but he has more heart in his baby finger than some had in their entire body. And as long as he keeps getting picked for Cork he'll give it his all.
I agree with most of what you’ve said there Soundman.. the one thing that’s off imo is “mightn’t have the hurling”… Cahalane isn’t Jim or Tom Cashman for sure, but he would probably have a hat full of all stars (nominations at least) in the half back line & midfield if he wasn’t the sacrificial lamb baked into full back by previous Cork managers & DOS because there was absolutely no one else.. square peg in a round hole but still did ok..
I’m involved with a senior club side and I can honestly say that Cahalane is right up there at the very top and most of the guys involved running teams with me say he is the best or in top 3 in Cork club hurling the last 10 years. He is the major factor when playing the Barr’s.. FYI, I’m not a Barr’s man and have only shook his hand after games & said hi to him if I saw him at other matches. . I know nothing about the man outside of a GAA pitch.
It paints guys on here in a poor light that they don’t show awareness or insight into what some players do for their team and the county.
I’d absolutely love to see him explode at 7 and lead and drive Cork all the way over the next year or two..

Barrs Glen game be the job, I’ll even buy a Glen jersey to replace the one I burned in moks last year

You burnt a Glen jersey? :oops:

I couldn't conceive of burning the jersey of ANY Cork club, not even Na Piarsaigh's ;), nor even a GAA jersey from any club or county - no not even a dublin one.

You do know these are amateurs playing for their local club/county don't you? And guys who team up and represent Cork.

I'm mortified for you. What a sad and petty existence you must lead. :unsure:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼