Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork vs Kilkenny in an u20 game before senior game on Saturday. Nice one to have something to watch if in early
Great to have a pitch that can take 2 games
Didn't know that was on. Will head down to see that. They did that last year before the league semi final against Kilkenny and its always nice to see how the u20 team for the year is gearing up. I'd say there will be a huge crowd down in the Pairc Saturday night.

That’s unrealistic and wishful thinking. I think realistically we are going to be giving Pa Collins another year in goal, The HF line will be done fairly easily considering how many options we have. I don’t think we will have a settled FB this year especially not in the league and i’d say dalton will be our free taker for the year at this stage.
You’re probably right on Collins and Dalton, but there’s 9 or 10 spots up for grabs and it’s just a question of how much experimentation the mgmt team want to take on. Tipp went with a clear out last year, blooding all the young lads, and Bonnar was out on his ear at the end of it.

Also depends how you view last year. Glass half empty - we were not good enough in a load of positions across the field; glass half full - we were a joke tactically, messing with ball like a half-arsed training session and we were actually much the better team vs Galway… if it’s the latter then maybe 3 or 4 of the new lads can get us to the right place, if it’s the former then there’s a mountain to climb still.

Tend to feel it’s more the latter and hopefully we won’t be seeing the suicidal handing of scores to opponents. Excited about our forward line and feel like we’ll have to be patient with the back line, particularly full back.

FFS this is complete nonsense , I tell you what let’s get the Cork Hurlers to hold hands and dance around the campfire because someone’s feelings have been hurt. Horgan is turning 35, he will be a squad player that is it. I’ m sure “ young Kingston” will get over it. Last year was a cluster fuck . Maybe we should be discussing trying to win a league for the first time in 25 years or maybe some just enjoy the Soap Opera l.
Hoggie needs to be managed… He feels he is playing as good as ever.. in his mind he ain’t no squad player.. a potential wrecking ball in the panel if not managed well. He wouldn’t be the only one in Cork when it comes to hurling to have an unjustified view of where things are at and unrealistic expectations for the future

Hoggie needs to be managed… He feels he is playing as good as ever.. in his mind he ain’t no squad player.. a potential wrecking ball in the panel if not managed well. He wouldn’t be the only one in Cork when it comes to hurling to have an unjustified view of where things are at and unrealistic expectations for the future

I see Hoggie continues to be the bete noire for some.

If we win it's thanks to a great blend of youth and experience, skill, heart, tactical nous, man management, and a slice of luck.

If we lose though it's probably because Hoggie has an unjustified view of where things are and he turned out to be a wrecking ball in the panel because in his mind he wasn't just a squad player. :rolleyes:

This might sound harsh but I Can’t see Cork coming out of Munster this yr. A lot of players in the mix are not up to standard and too many problems in the spine positions of the team. I’m season ticket holder for past few yrs and haven’t missed too many matches but just don’t see where we can fill the gaps from. Hopefully I am 100% wrong.

This might sound harsh but I Can’t see Cork coming out of Munster this yr. A lot of players in the mix are not up to standard and too many problems in the spine positions of the team. I’m season ticket holder for past few yrs and haven’t missed too many matches but just don’t see where we can fill the gaps from. Hopefully I am 100% wrong.
There’s nothing to fear in Munster except Limerick. They are significantly ahead of the chasing pack but we are in that pack along with the Tipp Clare and Waterford.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
DJ Shadow
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

5th Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

CSM Pop Degree Showcase

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼