Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That’s guff talk. Kilkenny lost the final last year in case you hadn’t noticed. And they played fantastic. Limerick were just better. That happens in sport. Sometimes the other team are better, you learn from it and go again the next year.
Yeah! Big difference is that Kilkenny went down fighting and lost by a few points. The previous year Cork went down with a whimper and lost in a landslide!

Daire O'Leary and Padraig Power apparently back in the reckoning for Saturday night. Jack O'Connor unlikely to start after aggravating a leg injury v Tipp.

Davys dream in 2008’withered and died the moment he told his players before the game to go out and flake the Kilkenny lads.

All managers believe they will win, but if they don’t pick the right team and ask them to play the right type of game they won’t win

I don’t want to see Pat Ryan storming up and down the sideline like a lunatic, I want to see him instill a system of play that will work and instill a belief in his players that makes them perform above the norm
It’s a magician we need, if we are looking to win back Liam McCarthy in the next 3 years, so maybe Pat Ryan can magic 7/8 inter county hurlers from his hat..

It’s a magician we need, if we are looking to win back Liam McCarthy in the next 3 years, so maybe Pat Ryan can magic 7/8 inter county hurlers from his hat..
If he can hand it over to the next man in a better position then he’ll have done well. If we can win something in the meantime even better. It’s been a long 18 years and we’re all impatient to see Liam come home but we need to give the new guys time to get up to this level. I think we’re making progress.

If Paudie Power can replicate his u20 form at senior level he'd be a huge addition to the squad imo. His workrate is exactly what Pat Ryan wants in his forwards. He created some amount of scores for himself and others in those u20 games through nicking the ball off defenders.

A big step up at senior level of course.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼