Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Just home, that was a real mixed bag with a lot of negatives and positives.

Negatives

The goalkeeper situation is a worry to me. Our first choice keeper isn’t exactly inspiring confidence and the two back up options are doing little to push him. I’d be adding Shane Hurley to the panel and giving him a go in the league

Our puckouts are a disaster at the moment. They are either too long or too short and the trajectory is all wrong . Now having said that we had Luke Meade wing foward and two smallish midfielders so options were limited. But the wrong options were being taken today

Our backline looked very porous today. I know Joyce wasn’t playing but we still had 4 regulars playing. Again today we were overplaying the ball in defence. Not to the levels of last years galacticos shitshow but we arre asking for trouble the way we are playing. And trust me trouble will come our way soon enough. We need to sort ourselves out to give us a platform

We still need more ball winners around the middle. Luke Meade Conor Lehane and Robbie O Flynn are all breaking ball type of players who don’t add much physicality . We can only afford to play one of them in the middle third

Positives

We have cojones in-spades after that last ten minutes. The game was drifting away from us and we stood up and dug it out. A great sign of a team

I have no idea why they decided Sean Twomey should be replaced and neither did the Tipp man next to me who called him a beast. Of course the subs who came on changed the game but Sean has a huge contribution to make to this team

Brian Hayes is just made for this level. Excuse me this but he’s got that traditional Barrs confidencce in him that nothing fazes him. I just hope Pat isn’t set on Brian being just an impact sub like his u20 days

Deccie and Hoggy looked like they enjoyed playing inside together, as all good players do, fabulous to see a bit of a spring in Hoggy today, he’s not finished yet

I thought the newer guys all played their part, Sean O Leary Hayes had a very solid game, Cormack is a game lad but I’m not sure hisnhurling is at the level required to make it just yet. I’d say the same about Colin Walsh. Tommy O Connell had a very good first half but faded out after the break. Brian Roche was very industrious all through.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼