Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Player Watch 2022

What players have impressed ye so far in this year's club championship? Lads that currently aren't on the Cork Senior Panel and you feel Pat Ryan should call up for a look on his training panel.

Here is a list of some lads who've stood out:

Donal Maher (Douglas) - goalkeeper: good shot stopper. Great puck of a ball.

Stevie Condon (Avondhu/Glanworth): Top scorer so far in the PSHC. He has scored 3-25 from play. That is some return in 4 games. Supposedly scored 3-11 in Junior championship last weekend too.

Brian Hayes (Barrs): currently with the footballers but surely will be getting a call from Pat sooner rather than later.

Aaron Myers (Sars): Great in the air and has scored 0-15 from play in his 3 games.

Jack Doyle (Charleville): he is scoring 4 or 5 points from play in most games. Good to carry a ball too. Worth a look.

Declan Dalton (Fr O' Neills): I'm including him because he was seemingly dropped earlier this season. His scoring is off the charts this year and seems to be injury free again and offers physicality to our forward line too. Not sure if he'll be considered as a goalkeeping option as some have suggested.

Pa O' Callaghan (Ballyhea): I understand he has been asked on a few occasions before and turned them down. New management might try him again this year. Seems to have found his form again.

Honourable mentions to the Imokilly lads Jack Leahy, Diarmuid Healy, Mike Kelly and Seán Desmond. Playing very well but haven't met serious opposition yet. It will be interesting to see how they get on.

You could also add cousins Ethan Twomey (Barrs) and Jack Twomey (Avondhu/Kilshannig) to that list. Ethan is already on the extended panel I'm lead to believe, as is Ben O' Connor. Jack is a rough diamond. Great in the air and can score. He's strong too. Might improve if exposed to high standard training and matches.

Ryan Walsh (Kanturk) as already mentioned is supposedly playing serious stuff at full back. His brother Colin is also a lad who has potential in the forward line.

Obviously I wasn't able to see every team play so if you know anyone else who has stood out, feel free to add to this list.

Player Watch 2022

What players have impressed ye so far in this year's club championship? Lads that currently aren't on the Cork Senior Panel and you feel Pat Ryan should call up for a look on his training panel.

Stevie Condon (Avondhu/Glanworth): Top scorer so far in the PSHC. He has scored 3-25 from play. That is some return in 4 games. Supposedly scored 3-11 in Junior championship last weekend too.

Brian Hayes (Barrs): currently with the footballers but surely will be getting a call from Pat sooner rather than later.

Aaron Myers (Sars): Great in the air and has scored 0-15 from play in his 3 games.

Jack Doyle (Charleville): he is scoring 4 or 5 points from play in most games. Good to carry a ball too. Worth a look.

Declan Dalton (Fr O' Neills): I'm including him because he was seemingly dropped earlier this season. His scoring is off the charts this year and seems to be injury free again and offers physicality to our forward line too. Not sure if he'll be considered as a goalkeeping option as some have suggested.

Pa O' Callaghan (Ballyhea): I understand he has been asked on a few occasions before and turned them down. New management might try him again this year. Seems to have found his form again.

Honourable mentions to the Imokilly lads Jack Leahy, Diarmuid Healy, Mike Kelly and Seán Desmond. Playing very well but haven't met serious opposition yet. It will be interesting to see how they get on.

You could also add cousins Ethan Twomey (Barrs) and Jack Twomey (Avondhu/Kilshannig) to that list. Ethan is already on the extended panel I'm lead to believe, as is Ben O' Connor. Jack is a rough diamond. Great in the air and can score. He's strong too. Might improve if exposed to high standard training and matches.

Ryan Walsh (Kanturk) as already mentioned is supposedly playing serious stuff at full back. His brother Colin is also a lad who has potential in the forward line.

Obviously I wasn't able to see every team play so if you know anyone else who has stood out, feel free to add to this list.
Great post NCS but Dalton wasn't dropped.

Player Watch 2022

I’ve been impressed by Barr’s keeper Shane Hurley.
He’s cool, his positioning is good and he hasn’t conceded a goal.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

21st May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼