Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Anyone else just pissed today off that yet another year goes by without An All Ireland. Look at how well KK did yesterday. Sick of it, we're too fucking nice in Cork. Could barely watch that match yesterday. Is it just me or is hurling at Intercounty level becoming boring?

Anyone else just pissed today off that yet another year goes by without An All Ireland. Look at how well KK did yesterday. Sick of it, we're too fucking nice in Cork. Could barely watch that match yesterday. Is it just me or is hurling at Intercounty level becoming boring?
They are saying yesterday was one of the Greatest All Ireland’s but for drama was it any better than Cork v Kilkenny in 99’ when it finished 13 points to 12? Not sure if the abundance of scoring is a good thing personally. Definitely not the 100 yard frees becoming expected more than expectation these days!

Patience grasshopper.....we will save hurling yet and playing champagne cork hurling.....its coming...

They are saying yesterday was one of the Greatest All Ireland’s but for drama was it any better than Cork v Kilkenny in 99’ when it finished 13 points to 12? Not sure if the abundance of scoring is a good thing personally. Definitely not the 100 yard frees becoming expected more than expectation these days!
There's just less of the hurling around the field. Firing balls over from long distances takes a lot out of it. More set pieces as the ball goes wide or over for a point, etc. Very rigid, very formulaic, there is just less play.......

They should look at changing the weight of the sliotar.

I remember when a pointed 65 was seen as a great achievement.

I remember when a pointed 65 was seen as a great achievement.
Apart from the recent colour change has there been weight adjustments to the current sliother? I mean has it got lighter in the last 20/25 years? I’d agree that there are much more long range points happening in matches, Hegarty scored one yesterday from what seemed liked 90 yards out. I think it makes from great viewing but can see the issues with bypassing the forwards and just scoring from distance if you have the skill.

Irish Examiner will be a priced streaming model this year. I was disappointed at first when I saw the per game streaming cost but all in all not a bad deal when paying monthly. Hopefully they will show even more games this year. They will show 5 games across the first two weekends.

There will be an €8 pay-per-view charge per game this season for followers seeking one-time access, or you may prefer our sizzling summer subscription offer for the Irish Examiner’s entire suite of content – including daily ePaper, GAA live streams, podcasts and acclaimed sports writing – for a stunning €5 per month, or €50 for 12 months.

Irish Examiner’s live broadcast schedule:

Friday, July 22: Cork Premier SFC: St Finbarr’s (champions) v Eire Óg, Pairc Ui Rinn, 7.30 pm; Saturday, July 23: Senior A: St Michael’s v Knocknagree, Carrigadrohid, 7pm; Sunday, July 24: Cork Premier SFC: Clonakilty v Castlehaven, Rosscarbery, 7pm.

Fri July 29: Premier SHC Midleton (champions) v Douglas, Páirc Uí Rinn, 7.30pm; Sat July 30: Premier SHC Sarsfields v Blackrock, Páirc Uí Rinn, 7pm.
Only worth it if you're getting the 12 month subscription?
I'd rather go to the games than pay a one off €8 per game.
Is the Saturday 30th in PuR not a double header? Definitely make more sense to pay in and catch 2 games.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼