Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Landers is painful. He's like the friend of a friend who's dragged out on a night out. You soon discover how annoying he is and it only gets worse. That loud laugh and always trying to crack some stupid joke. When he does talk hurling, he is not too bad, but his big personality drowns all that out. The others are good, in fairness, but Landers an annoying twat.
Agreed. He's a bit of a flute.

Pat Ryan apparently wasting no time getting his squad together. Been told Colin O'Brien had a phone call asking him to join the panel for the winter again. Wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is already working on getting Brian Hayes to switch codes also!

That w
Good choice, and nice to see them take care of business so quickly as well. Avoided the drawn-out will-he-won't-he soap opera which I was afraid might be coming.

Any idea who might be in line for the U20s? Might be worth trying Furlong, since he'll already have worked with a lot of the players they'll be drawing on over the next two seasons.
That would be my plan if i was KOD. Last year was too soon for Furlong to be promoted to the senior management, he should have been given the u20 job instead and he would have had another 12 months under his belt at this stage. The minor and under 20 appointments are just as vital as the Senior one and in lots of ways are even more important

Im really excited by Pat Ryan’s appointment, looking through the panel i can see only one player that Pat would be secure in the knowledge he’s my man, that’s Ciaran Joyce, he is everything any manager would want in their players, courageous, competitive, consistent, skilfull and has that irrelevance of opposition players that all great players have. The battle now is get the rest up to that level and weed out the guys who can’t.
Pat Ryan apparently wasting no time getting his squad together. Been told Colin O'Brien had a phone call asking him to join the panel for the winter again. Wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is already working on getting Brian Hayes to switch codes also!
brilliant news, Colin has huge potential

Unfortunately I think we are 12 months too late on Brian, if we had any long term planning it should have happened the day after last years all ireland final
If he hasnt been on to Dalton yet,im calling for his head.
you can be sure Pat will be asking Deccie back in, I think he’s our free taker going foward and he would revel in the pressure

That w

That would be my plan if i was KOD. Last year was too soon for Furlong to be promoted to the senior management, he should have been given the u20 job instead and he would have had another 12 months under his belt at this stage. The minor and under 20 appointments are just as vital as the Senior one and in lots of ways are even more important

Im really excited by Pat Ryan’s appointment, looking through the panel i can see only one player that Pat would be secure in the knowledge he’s my man, that’s Ciaran Joyce, he is everything any manager would want in their players, courageous, competitive, consistent, skilfull and has that irrelevance of opposition players that all great players have. The battle now is get the rest up to that level and weed out the guys who can’t.

brilliant news, Colin has huge potential

Unfortunately I think we are 12 months too late on Brian, if we had any long term planning it should have happened the day after last years all ireland final

you can be sure Pat will be asking Deccie back in, I think he’s our free taker going foward and he would revel in the pressure
Any chance he'd give you a shot at selector. Since you're on first name terms and you're such an expert.
🤣🤣

I wonder will shane oregan get a phone call? Was very effective u20 under pat and brings something different?
He needs some coaching so he doesn’t shoot from impossible angles.
He will also need some managing.
I’m sure Pat knows the possibilities.

Brian Hayes would be a great addition and if he’s interested in all Ireland’s, hurling is way more promising. What about Brian Turnbull … too underage player a few years back.Add in Roches and Power to existing panel, and we won’t be waiting long for glory

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride Parade
Grand Parade, Cork

4th Aug 2024 @ 2:00 pm
More info..

Tanq & Tunes

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 3pm

More events ▼