Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Come on now, our poor shooting and shoot selection lost this game. It happens, some days the ball just wont go over. Our workrate was crap vs Limerick and Clare. Our workrate vs Galway was good, I havnt seen stats but i'm confident we created way more scoring opportunities. Its wrong to say we didnt put it up to Galway.
Ah stop. That's up there with the football's coming home mentality. Time to take off the rose tinted glasses and accept we have been below average since 2006 or so. Wexford would probably have beaten us on Saturday also.

Why would any management say this to a player at the start of the year? Surely every position is up for grabs by everyone fortunate enough to be named on the squad and it’s then up to them to grab it? Fits with some of the stories I have heard tbh so could be true but abysmal man management
Yeah my thoughts exactly but fits in with not getting a run out until Saturday.
Or that it’s simply not true
Timing might be out on when but definitely before end of the league campaign. Whether you believe it or not up to you.

After Tony Considine's piece yesterday - this .........

As I said..........some people just couldn't wait............
Echo/Examiner desperate for clicks.
Imagine paying to read that waffle in The Examiner?
You know it's mediocre at best when they start making the story about themselves.
Kingston would be wise to give them all a wide berth and take a good holiday for himself.

I honestly don't know how players and management cope with the tsunami of opinions and commentary that's out there.
It's all well and good to say don't read it but some of those lads are 20 odd and it must be damn hard to avoid.

Don't think Kingston will be staying on, things change but supposedly he said he wouldn't be going for another year even if we won the all-ireland. BTW on Cadogan, supposedly told by management at the start of the year that he was number 12 in line for a position in the forward 6.
A bit like the story from very late last year when one of the management asked Dalton in response to him saying he wasn’t happy with his game time, “what do we have to do to change that”, Daltond response was play me, that worked out well

Echo/Examiner desperate for clicks.
Imagine paying to read that waffle in The Examiner?
You know it's mediocre at best when they start making the story about themselves.
Kingston would be wise to give them all a wide berth and take a good holiday for himself.

I honestly don't know how players and management cope with the tsunami of opinions and commentary that's out there.
It's all well and good to say don't read it but some of those lads are 20 odd and it must be damn hard to avoid.
Considine’s article was fair! Cork were beaten by a poor Galway team, Cork half back line dominated, but because of poor shooting and to be honest brutal goalkeeper… we had to chase the game. Considine was correct in asserting that Cadogan would have made a difference.., why was he left on sidelines?… against a slow pedestrian Galway defense.

Clare agin faught to a man Saturday.; Would Loahan carry Daragh Fitz and Mark Colman in his team, it's a battle out there no room for passengers. Both players have all the skills and& speed but like a bit of showboating.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Randy Feltface
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼