Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not sure R&B.
I think he might be a casualty in any new set up.
Doesn't have the pace for the half back and can struggle at full back against mobile forwards.
This is crazy stuff, there is this absolute unquantifiable rubbish spoken about pace in cork…..does Declan hannon have serious pace or mcinerney or John conlan for example?
He is a 22 year old aggressive defender who is well worth his place in next years panel as a wing back, if selectors don’t think he is good enough to be in the top 30 hurlers in cork they are worse then I thought

People say Downey is slow yet he won a chase to the ball yesterday in front of me when his opponent had a few yards on him. He looks slow, he even looked slow yesterday winning that race. It's because he is a gangly man. He's faster then he is given credit for.
He will be a stalwart for years to come. He's only 22 for fuck sake.

This is crazy stuff, there is this absolute unquantifiable rubbish spoken about pace in cork…..does Declan hannon have serious pace or mcinerney or John conlan for example?
He is a 22 year old aggressive defender who is well worth his place in next years panel as a wing back, if selectors don’t think he is good enough to be in the top 30 hurlers in cork they are worse then I thought
Diarmuid Byrnes would be the perfect comparison, aggressive, good hurler but lacks a little pace but covers that up by good defensive play. The only thing I would say Diarmuid has over Rob is he is a fabulous striker of the ball but then we don’t leave Rob hit the ball long

broken-record.gif

The prospect of continued sniping if the "wrong" management team get the gig is disconcerting, the day after we went out for 2022.

There are the "right" people in Cork. We all might have different views on who they are, but they exist in the county.

Cork should have won easily yesterday but should have doesn't matter. They didn't.

If I was taking over the job I'd try really hard to create a tight knit group that, as Anthony Daly said yesterday, keeps the out out. There's too much Furlong this, Mulcahy that, Grady this etc etc. That smacks as much of agenda and grievance as it does objective views on merit.

Kingston mentioned it, the players believed in themselves when the broader Cork hurling public were sniping about players and management.

That kind of toxicity gets us nowhere.

You can see it in some posts here since yesterday. You can see it in the personal jibes and arguing that was borne out of frustration and disappointment of Cork losing that took up pages here, when we ALL want Cork winning.

Let's see what happens. Let's get behind whoever it is, not blindly as if everything is rosy but with the intent to discuss and analyse constructively. It will be 18 years next year. That's an utterly depressing reality.
People don't discuss and analyse constructively on Internet forums.
Unfortunately, because these forums are public, hurlers on the ditch get to publish views and opinions that would serve everyone better by being left to fall on a sole deaf ear in some pub.
And yes I get the irony of me posting this opinion on a forum.

The majority of Cork supporters don't post online, or take to twitter post games, therefore the opinions expressed on here or elsewhere online shouldn't get a disproportionate amount of consideration or attention.

Hope those in charge of the decisions that are going to be made for next year have a clear unified vision of what is best for Cork hurling, and keep the noise and clatter from outside out.

In fairnesss you are talking bollox about wides. We have always been accurate and had low wide counts compared to our opponents even on bad days. Yesterday was the exception. I never in 57 years saw us so bad
Cork hit 17 wides yesterday, what you are stating is they haven't hit anything near that figure in other games. That's the real bollox! Hoggy alone hit 5 wides from frees v Clare but he is still in the high percentage success rate in Cork along with Deccie Dalton and Alan Connolly. Conor Lehane and Shane Kingston are not up there and our management give them the free taking duties as if it's a formality.

It's a problem across the board because of poor attitude and denial like yours. The Cork minors hit 21 wides v Clare this year, something similar to what the minor team including Coleman, Fitzgibbon, Dalton hit in 2014 v Limerick minors in the Gaelic Grounds after Cork had defeated them earlier in Pairc Ui Sinn.

Those of the opinion that if the wide count is down to 15 or so it's good are in dreamland. The late Johnny Clifford and Cannon O'Brien used go mad over wides sending guys for sit-ups if they hit them in training. The Cannon got it wrong though when he didnt insist on Tony O'Sullivan taking the frees in 1990.

Barrett was flying it in the league but got battered when the real hurling started and seems to have fallen out of favour. He's a light lad too but I think he probably should have got more game time on the wing or the corner. No doubt he'll respond, he's got the right attitude. Himself, Jack and Fitzgibbon should hang out with Connolly more and eat the gym for the winter.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼