Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Connolly and Tim got plenty of direct ball into them and couldn't score from them. Tbf to Connolly he is game but as the game progressed his man had his number.
It's why they were both taken off.
Lehane had a mare and we needed him to have the game of his life. We won a load of breaking ball in the first half but we couldn't score. Never really recovered from the first half and never ever drew level in the match.
Galway were poor but got the scores when it mattered.
Limerick will fillet them in the semi.

A few random thoughts after that without analysing things too much at this stage…..

1. We got exactly what we deserved from the game today. We could have won but didn’t deserve it. When Galway needed the scores they could and did get them. We couldn’t and didn’t. It’s a simple game. Fair play to them but I don’t see them making any further progress in

5. Special mention to A Connolly and CJ this year. These lads will be real leaders of the team the next time we win an AI. I see us being three years off. TOC, Roche’s, DOL all to play big roles going forward. I hope 2022 hasn’t knocked the confidence out of Shane Barrett.

6. Thanks to the players and best of luck to them all with their clubs. None of them went out to play bad today. I’ve been as critical as a lot of people here of many of them, but if I’m sickened this evening then I can’t imagine how a guy who has devoted the last 9 months to it is. And as someone here said, the news in Tyrone puts sport into perspective.

Just get Collins out of there. We had good goalkeepers in Nash and Cusack. We’ll win nothing with him.
Idiotic comment.
Losing today was not the fault of one player and our future prospects don't hinge on finding a replacement for Collins.

It's brutally, bitterly, disappointing to go out of the championship in June but the manner in which we lost today doesn't leave me in despair or with a sense of crisis.

We've plenty to work with, and work on, whenever the group get back together over the winter. Whoever will be in charge they have a great bunch of lads to manage and more to test. I think the learnings from this year will bring us on again next year.

Thanks to the players, Kingston and all of his team.
It's been often painful and sometimes glorious (i.e."Welsh" Park 🙂🙃😀) following Cork this year.
Can't have one without the other, that's the terrible beauty of sport.

Don’t you start that craic 😀
Sure Gregory Mike was on here all day. That's why he needs a copy.
Im sure even you could make it an hour up the road but you still must have been watching with your eyes closed if you don't think Connolly and O Mahony got fed a lot of direct ball. They had loads but couldn't profit from it but of course you made up a load of bull to cover the fact your gameplan was bullshit and failed to yield a score.

Im sure even you could make it an hour up the road but you still must have been watching with your eyes closed if you don't think Connolly and O Mahony got fed a lot of direct ball. They had loads but couldn't profit from it but of course you made up a load of bull to cover the fact your gameplan was bullshit and failed to yield a score.
I couldn’t understand TOMs positioning today, he was targeted with high ball in on top of him regularly but allowed his man to get in front of him the majority of the time. Why he didn’t make it his business to get in front in beyond me

I thought Connolly did alright and took up better positions than TOM to receive the ball

Yeah one full foward against three full backs is a great recipe for getting scores. Despite all that I suggest you review the first half and see how Tim in particular contributed to creating scoring chances. Not his fault others missed them.

You really are clueless aren’t you? 😀

But you are a great cork supporter as you keep on telling us 😀

I couldn’t understand TOMs positioning today, he was targeted with high ball in on top of him regularly but allowed his man to get in front of him the majority of the time. Why he didn’t make it his business to get in front in beyond me

I thought Connolly did alright and took up better positions than TOM to receive the ball
TOM was heralded as the saviour of the long ball revival on here but I remember him having pretty anonymous outings for Cork in the forwards at U21s.

Connolly is a game lad and will have better days.

Yeah one full foward against three full backs is a great recipe for getting scores. Despite all that I suggest you review the first half and see how Tim in particular contributed to creating scoring chances. Not his fault others missed them.

You really are clueless aren’t you? 😀

But you are a great cork supporter as you keep on telling us 😀
Bullshit. I was in 208 and both Connolly and O'Mahony were regularly inside the 20 and both had ball played into them especially O Mahony when he was marked only by his man. He was beaten consistently in the high ball one on ones.
You're clearly the clueless one and a bit of a lying snake to boot.
Yes O Mahony made scores but not from direct high ball into the edge of the square that you continually bleat on about you repetitive bore.

Bullshit. I was in 208 and both Connolly and O'Mahony were regularly inside the 20 and both had ball played into them especially O Mahony when he was marked only by his man. He was beaten consistently in the high ball one on ones.
You're clearly the clueless one and a bit of a lying snake to boot.
Yes O Mahony made scores but not from direct high ball into the edge of the square that you continually bleat on about you repetitive bore.
You’re the only one bleating on about direct high ball loopy

I was in 208 too, I think, can you confirm as you seemed to know my every movement last weekend

You complete bluffer

You’re the only one bleating on about direct high ball loopy

I was in 208 too, I think, can you confirm as you seemed to know my every movement last weekend

You complete bluffer
Biggest fear I have too to be honest. Henry might even leave our full back line receive a free puckout and then force them to try run/short pass it out. That won’t end well unless they hit Tim and Alan with direct ball
We didn’t use him right at all last week For the first 5 minutes he played on the edge of the square with Connolly and caused havoc with fast ball into them. Then he started drifting out to a semi right half foward role and his impact faded drastically. He has to be told stay inside and the outfield players have to be told get the ball in fast
There's way more examples but I couldn't be bothered at the moment.
🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼