Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Apologies if theres a separate thread for this stuff but a break from the usual. I'm up in Montenotte at a wedding horsing into pints and the old doll is cleaning out the old office in the gaff. Sends me the attached "do you want to keep this?"... My old man collects old programmes. Needless to say I made his day
Facilities not great in Killarney but never blew it was a gateway to a black hole

Apologies if theres a separate thread for this stuff but a break from the usual. I'm up in Montenotte at a wedding horsing into pints and the old doll is cleaning out the old office in the gaff. Sends me the attached "do you want to keep this?"... My old man collects old programmes. Needless to say I made his day
some operator to manage to be at a wedding while herself is at home cleaning,

RightHalfBack points out significant points covering a substantial improvement over 2 games but it has come about mainly by accident rather than design or deliberate intention of the management.

The Highway Man is correct and for me also the jury is hugely out. I honestly believe for Cork to have any chance of success Tim O'Mahony has to start in attack, him as a constant impact sub is balderdash. Also Damien Cahalane cannot start in Croker, we should soon see the management's take on those 2 calls with all due respects to Antrim and Kerry.

We have the options on the bench to alter the side to cover the players in question
Collins Millerick o Donoghue o Leary Downey Joyce Coleman Fitzgibbon Meade O flynn Harnedy Lehane Horgan o Mahony connolly

That team is on paper what all would like to see play. Downey at fullback can’t happen in croke park. Cahalane did well when switched the last day. Will midfield be overrun by a stronger midfield unit. That is still our biggest concern. Beating a Waterford and Tipperary team not at the races still leaves a lot to answer. An easy win the the preliminary round won’t help us. Antrim would put it up to cork as was seen in the league. They should be beating Kerry by 6 or 7 points Saturday

RightHalfBack points out significant points covering a substantial improvement over 2 games but it has come about mainly by accident rather than design or deliberate intention of the management.

The Highway Man is correct and for me also the jury is hugely out. I honestly believe for Cork to have any chance of success Tim O'Mahony has to start in attack, him as a constant impact sub is balderdash. Also Damien Cahalane cannot start in Croker, we should soon see the management's take on those 2 calls with all due respects to Antrim and Kerry.
You could well be right Corkonian but I would be very worried if management didn’t make at least some of those calls as opposed to them simply happening by accident. Yes they took a hell of a long time to do it but there is still time to do damage this year and Cork still have a bit of an unknown quantity about them as opposition coaching teams will not have had a lot of games from which to fully work out what we are trying to do. O Mahony starting at 14 or 11 is another option which we haven’t used yet, O Leary at Full back with Joyce at 5 and Downey at 6 is another option I would personally like to see to further strengthen the defense and don’t forget the use of a huge target man like Keane also at 14 - he could come good yet. We have players to shake things up further again - Jack O Connor is another example as he would pose a completely different threat in the full forward line than the likes of O Mahony

My summary of management is they have been really poor in 4 consecutive big games starting with last years AI final, it has been hugely frustrating watching them persist with something that clearly wasn’t working and after Clare they were forced into a corner but they were big enough to change tack in mid season which took sone balls ( as they could have looked at damage limitation ) and I am hopeful that we could have a few more aces up our sleeve yet and we will certainly need them as to beat a team like Limerick we will need another level of planning again given the quality and size of their players plus of course Kinnerk.

God almighty. Here is what I said you were talking crap about.

'He performances for Midleton last year was nothing different to what he has being doing for them for the last five years but last year, TOC, Quirke,etc stepped up as well'.

4 hours later you are just trotting out the same old tired s*it. No one wants to read it.
Hank, You are taking Threadmill up wrong here, because he put a comma in the wrong place. What he meant to write was "His performances for Midleton last year was nothing different to what he has being doing for them for the last five years, but last year, TOC, Quirke,etc stepped up as well."

As a Midleton supporter, I agree with him on this. Conor has always delivered for Midleton, without exception. But last year a lot of the other players put in a serious shift as well, thanks in no small measure to Ben O'Connor.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼