Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Good post.

I don't think anyone is getting carried away but certainly there's enough optimism to feel we will have a decent rattle off whoever we get.

I don't think too many thought we would still be playing in June after fulltime in the Clare game.

It's to management's credit that they picked up this group from the floor and restored their self belief.
I dont agree about management. They finally listened to what everyone and their mother was saying, everyone from hurlers on the ditch to expereinced former players.
Since january the hurling public have asked for
(A) No tippy tappy around the backline
(b) Joyce at CB
(c) Coleman at HB or mf
(d) Play connolly

Finally when they could not go further down they relented. Why should we praise them. Its like FG/Lab tds claiming they rescused the country after the recession... did they fuck...
My concern now is what else will they be stubborn about going forward?

I dont agree about management. They finally listened to what everyone and their mother was saying, everyone from hurlers on the ditch to expereinced former players.
Since january the hurling public have asked for
(A) No tippy tappy around the backline
(b) Joyce at CB
(c) Coleman at HB or mf
(d) Play connolly

Finally when they could not go further down they relented. Why should we praise them. Its like FG/Lab tds claiming they rescused the country after the recession... did they fuck...
My concern now is what else will they be stubborn about going forward?

Ah come on out of that.

You can't say they deserve no credit for turning around what looked like a hopeless situation.

Last edited:
In fairness, they only started listening when the players themselves brought their concerns direct to them after the Clare game. Otherwise they weren't going to change their tactics.

To their credit they did listen to the players and took on board their suggestions in that meeting.
They only listened because they were going to be publicly hung at Daunts sqaure ( metaphorically). I know some of the players were afraid to change the style for fear they would be dropped. Grady and his laptop ruling the roost.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼