Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Here lads the two of ye take it to private messages, block each other or just fuck off at each other it is sickening having to read it. About 6 pages since this morning and half it the two of ye bickering away like inlaws.
Yerrah that fool started on me this morning and he thinks he can bully people if he gets called on his crap back.

I haven't gotten my head around this at all yet.
Winner of muster final goes straight to semi and the loser plays the loser of Kilkenny/Galway is it?
Munster winner goes straight to semi.
Loser plays the winner of Wexford vs JMcD loser. Winner of that goes to semi.
Leinster winner goes straight to semi.
Leinster loser plays winner of Cork vs JMcD winner. Winner of that goes to semi.

Christ there'd be some excitement about a nice open hurling championship if Limerick weren't around. There's always been dominant teams in hurling I know, but you still always felt someone would/could catch Kilkenny or whoever out. I don't get that sense with Limerick but hopefully I'm wrong.

I know the one you mean. His skill under pressure was something else today.

His build up play deserves a mention too, he laid off some wonderful ball today.

He's answered all his critics this year.
I’d be the first to admit that there wouldn’t have been a hope I’d have recalled him to the panel if I was involved. I’d seen too many years of the same routine, however Lehane hasn’t half proven me wrong. He display yesterday was mesmerising at times and we’ll all remember the game for that, but his overall contribution was immense as well. How many times was he in the right place and the right time to take the point? And his shooting accuracy was top notch too - I think he finished with 6 points?

Amazing what a couple of wins will do for the heart, watched the game again. Tipp could of had a couple more goals, Joyce was caught out positionally for one and the other was the ref blew for an advantage that they converted into the net but the whistle went. On a few occasions we seem to get caught out at the back and I believe this can be worked on, the soft frees we gave away is another area that needs work. We can say we didnt give up the goal chances but playing a better team we will be caught here, the offload will be faster and our tackling needs to improve. Around the 45-50 min we gave away some terrible ball, Joyce and Lehane tried to find TOM but easily cut out and a point if not two were scored as a result.
I am more convinced after 2nd viewing that Hoggie needs to be kept for the last 20, his legs are not there. The goal Tipp scored after 30 secs, he was too slow trying to close down Maher and granted RD was also caught, we need to set the tone with workrate and even if Hoggie wanted too, his legs won't.
Positives far outhweight the negatives, we played some delightful off the shoulder hurling and mixed the run game with going long. We won;t get anywhere near that space against a good team. The workrate from the forwards was far better, the first touch drastically improved and the reason why, confidence is high because players are not worried about the perfect ball/Pass, they are concentrating on doing the right thing and trusting their teammate to do the same. Funny what a simpler template can do. The Bench gave a good return and great to see JOC having an impact.
Delighted to be here fighting for a Q/F opporuntinity, shit ton of work needs to happen to convince ourselves we can challenge Limerick but at least we are going man for man to try and close the gap.
Keep her lit lads

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼