Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Happy with that, great to see the bench used and lads who came on did well too. Plenty to work on but the bottle showed there in that 6 point swing and then to put the game to bed was great. Things are clicking a little which is great to see for the future if nothing else.

Yeah me too, i actually like mcgrath aswell, but he talked up waterford to no end before a ball was even thrown in championship which i dont think cahill and co would have liked. I remember him on the sunday game a while back and the question was put to him "do you think waterford will make the top 3" he answered as if it was a foregone conclusion that they 100% would. How dare you ask such a ridiculous question.
Yes, you're right. Cahill probably wasnt pleased. Mcgrath's constant talking up of wford is so naive. His habit, while on the sunday game, of defending his wford mgmt reign, with comments, is beyond egotistical for me, hence my Spoofer comment.

Anyway great that Cork won, we are getting that swagger back, lehane flying and Connelly an assassin up front. His goal was just amazing..🙌

Defense is much better with young joyce center back and Coleman fantastic wing back today. Downey was poor for the first 15 mins, very unlike him, but played great after.

Midfield and wing forwards put in a great shift in fairness, well done

Last edited:
Cork obviously should get over Antrim or kerry.

So then it's the Leinster runner up. Could be either really, I'd find it hard to call the winner of Leinster at moment

Last edited:
Yes, you're right. Cahill probably wasnt pleased. Mcgrath's constant talking up of wford is so naive. His habit, while on the sunday game, of defending his wford mgmt reign, with comments, is beyond egoistical for me, hence my Spoofer comment.

Anyway great that Cork won, we are getting that swagger back, lehane flying and Connelly an assassin up front. His goal was just amazing..🙌

Defense is much better with young joyce center back and Coleman fantastic wing back today. Downey was poor for the first 15 mins, very unlike him, but played great after.

Midfield and wing forwards put in a great shift in fairness, well done
yeah what a huge turnaround. We looked dead and buried only a week ago.

Yeah me too, i actually like mcgrath aswell, but he talked up waterford to no end before a ball was even thrown in championship which i dont think cahill and co would have liked. I remember him on the sunday game a while back and the question was put to him "do you think waterford will make the top 3" he answered as if it was a foregone conclusion that they 100% would. How dare you ask such a ridiculous question.
😊😊😊😊

In fairness, based on their form in 2021 and their league performance in 2022, it was very reasonable to suggest they were top 3. Most people here, most hurling pundits and commentators thought they'd be in the AI final v Limerick. They have completely collapsed against almost everyone's expectations so calling out the pundits you don't like for that is a bit silly tbh. I think McGrath is an intelligent and considered pundit. He'll give Cork plenty credit and the Blaas the stick they deserve.

Anyway tonight is all about Cork. Sublime performance. They absolutely hammered Tipp who were lucky to only lose by the amount they did. Without the two Maher's they'd be a total shambles.

Had Timmy's second chance gone in they would have conceded 40+ points which would be really humiliating for them. Theyve a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼