Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Great posts by Vlad & Horse.

Vlad you're correct about James Owens and a 2 point differential to Waterford based on poor umpiring.

Looking forward to seeing Ger Millerick and Daire O'Leary back involved.

Hoggy has to start v Tipp because Barrett, Kingston and Jack O'Connor are currently also only half-hour players unless the management start Conor Cahalane in the half-forward line. I would like to see Daire O'Leary in that half-forward line when he comes back.

Roll on next Sunday and we will see where we really belong!

We'll need our forwards putting bodies on the line against Tipp and battling hard. Hoggie unfortunately doesn't anymore and we have better options. Great player may make impact sub to prove a point.

You can never accuse Hoggie of not putting his body on the line or battling hard. He's been doing that for Cork for 15 years.

He's 34 like TJ Reid and has a lot to offer this Cork Squad. Hopefully this will be his year to finally land that long overdue Liam Mac Medal.

Definitely too soon to be writing the great man off IMO

Great win today and a lot of positives to take away from Walsh park, but Waterford were shocking - unrecognisable from the league final. Great to have a mobile aggressive full forward line, constantly asking questions of their markets. TOM was a game changer when introduced and Connolly is a real handful. Sadly Hoggie will have to settle for 20 mins off the bench but that could well be a match winning contribution. A brave but correct call today to take him off - credit management where it’s due. Let’s drive on now and make Thurles like a home game next Sunday.

Too many believe the doom and gloom bs.
Unreal support from all of those who did travel to the tip that is Walsh Park.

Pure pride in what I saw today, just brilliant to see the players believing in themselves.

Well worth the trip!
Shouted me head off. A sweet, sweet, victory. The real die hards were there today and gave great support to a team that finally got stuck in which should be a given for any Cork hurling team anyway

You can never accuse Hoggie of not putting his body on the line or battling hard. He's been doing that for Cork for 15 years.

He's 34 like TJ Reid and has a lot to offer this Cork Squad. Hopefully this will be his year to finally land that long overdue Liam Mac Medal.

Definitely too soon to be writing the great man off IMO
Fuck me Mystic Meg , do you know something . Everyone chill. It's one game.

Today was a great day and a great win no doubt but its only half time the second half is next Sunday in Thurles ....Tipps young new players have been playing very well they feel they have a big chance now , if they bt us by 7 or more pts they could still quailify ....So we have to play with the same attitude as today and more to win....

Today was a great day and a great win no doubt but its only half time the second half is next Sunday in Thurles ....Tipps young new players have been playing very well they feel they have a big chance now , if they bt us by 7 or more pts they could still quailify ....So we have to play with the same attitude as today and more to win....
Yeah, there is a HUGE performance coming from Tipp. I can smell it. They were watching those games today and thinking 'if we're going out, we're bloody well going out making a statement.' Huge pride at stake for them. Young players who've won a lot more than many of our lads. They will definitely throw the kitchen sink at us.

But ... we went up there for knockout hurling in the past. And we often beat them. It's old fashioned knockout hurling. Winner takes all. We beat them, or we're gone. That really shouldn't frighten any team with any ambition. And any side that can beat a fully firing Tipperary, has always proven themselves a damn good side.

Hoggie is the greatest forward in hurling history and now has the stat to back it, however it's time to be bluntly honest about it. His legs are gone. The brain is obviously still there but if the body ain't doing it then it doesn't matter what the brain says. He's an impact sub at best now I think. The same happened Shefflin, it happened Canning, it happened Keher, it happened Ring. Time waits for no man.

No. Never happened to Canning that he was subbed for being ineffective, even on his last day, to the very last minute he was leading the charge.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼