Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It's been a good league so far in terms of strengthening panel.
All Ireland final day Cork hadn't lehane, Daire o Leary , Ciaran Joyce. All have added to things.
Plus Mellerick was also unavailable for final.
It's been a good league from that perspective. Hopefully Connolly gets some game time into him as well.
Pity that Dalton picked up that injury, it's put his progress back a little

I think your a bit premature with a few nailed on starters there. Barrett has had 2 good games and I would probably start him as he is a very clever hurler, Lebane was superb in the first half last Sunday and im delighted for him but a bit like the team overall, one swallow doesn’t make a summer, I think he has a long way to go to start. Robbie O Flynn will probably start after last week and I think it’s fairly certain Hoggy, Harnedy and Kingston will start. I would be starting Conor Cahalane as he is one tough nut so to me it looks like

Cahalane, Harnedy, O Flynn
Kingston, Horgan, Barrett
You're the main advocate on this page for a big strong forward line yet you have only one half forward who consistently wins his own ball.

Also, I wouldn't start Lehane myself but I'm curious as to how you think Cahalane gets a start yet Lehane is a long way off.

Heading down to the match on Sat night, my friend is after purchasing a South Stand ticket by accident when I’ve the season ticket in north stand.

Are they strict on seat locations for the league? Would he be able to join us?

Heading down to the match on Sat night, my friend is after purchasing a South Stand ticket by accident when I’ve the season ticket in north stand.

Are they strict on seat locations for the league? Would he be able to join us?
Ffs bought a South stand ticket last week for the football went down told me only north stand was open

🤷‍♂️

You're the main advocate on this page for a big strong forward line yet you have only one half forward who consistently wins his own ball.

Also, I wouldn't start Lehane myself but I'm curious as to how you think Cahalane gets a start yet Lehane is a long way off.
They don’t have to be big, but it helps, they just have to be able to compete, something we have badly lacked, but to be fair they all did last week.

Cahalane is much more physical than particularly Lehane or O Flynn and is well capable of competing for his own ball, they all are as they showed last Sunday, but doing it once is not enough for a championship start, they have got to do it every week. Saturday is another good test of our mettle, as will Wexford 2 weeks later. By then we will know a lot more about our desire to put in a shift.

Cahalane has performed very well in all the games he’s played, Lehane was very good last week, not so much so in the previous games

There are alot of places up for grabs in the foward line still

They don’t have to be big, but it helps, they just have to be able to compete, something we have badly lacked, but to be fair they all did last week.

Cahalane is much more physical than particularly Lehane or O Flynn and is well capable of competing for his own ball, they all are as they showed last Sunday, but doing it once is not enough for a championship start, they have got to do it every week. Saturday is another good test of our mettle, as will Wexford 2 weeks later. By then we will know a lot more about our desire to put in a shift.

Cahalane has performed very well in all the games he’s played, Lehane was very good last week, not so much so in the previous games

‘Very well in all the games’ he’s played is just plainly not true. You are biased when it comes to this player R&B - understanadable he’s a club man - but you are biased. He’s great engine and work rate but skills can come up a bit short at the highest intensity at times.

ROF, hoggie, Barrett, JOC are the 4 - two more slots to be won. I’d love to see Colin O’Brien and Connolly get a start. Any update on Roche’s fitness?

First of all, I have seen nothing to suggest that Cahalane is a more physical player that Robbie O'Flynn. I can guarantee that Robbie wins more turnovers, puts in more hard tackles etc. I will say that Cahalane is a rocket and has a decent workrate.

Secondly, Cahalane performing well in all the games he has played is simply not true. He had a mediocre championship last year, taken off early in both Limerick games, didn't do much when he came on against Clare. He did have a terrific game against Kilkenny.

Your club bias is showing IMO. I do think Cahalane could be a valuable impact sub from the bench however given his pace.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼