Cork Footballers

Your ponts dont stack up at all:
Miles off division 1 teams?
Beat Mayo division 1 champions in the championship.

Beat Roscommon Division 1 team in thr championship.
Ran the All Ireland champions 2022 Kerry to 4 points in championship.
Ran 2023 all ireland champions Dublin to a few points in the league

Lack of top class underage talent?
Look at what we have won underage plenty underage talent there.

And that’s all from last year, the point is the team essentially the same team has regressed, we have fallen over the line vs Fermanagh a team just promoted from division 3 and have beaten the worst team in any league who have given up.
We are conceding an absolute tonne of scores and outside of yesterday not scoring enough.
Only Corbett has settled into the team, cashman and cronin are subbed on and off while the likes of herlihy, Walsh,gore, cahalane, Buckley are getting no game time and certainly not developing.
Instead management are relying on a senior cohort of players and not giving real game time to the squad.
Winning all Irelands at underage are of zero use when the senior management team are not developing younger players, anyone watching this could select the starting championship team already and that team is t good enough to improve or possibly even reach where we got last year

Your ponts dont stack up at all:
Miles off division 1 teams?
Beat Mayo division 1 champions in the championship.

Beat Roscommon Division 1 team in thr championship.
Ran the All Ireland champions 2022 Kerry to 4 points in championship.
Ran 2023 all ireland champions Dublin to a few points in the league

Lack of top class underage talent?
Look at what we have won underage plenty underage talent there.
Maybe calm down, read the post again and try to understand what's actually written there.

Maybe calm down, read the post again and try to understand what's actually written there.
I did read his post and im perfectly calm we finished with 7 points last year will come close to that again this year. Didnt play particulary well in the league either last year. Its championship that counts and Cleary will have them primed for the same again this year i have no doubt. Same clown on here calling for Cleary to be manager of the last 7 of 8 years are the same lads calling for his head after 5 national football league games. Bunch of depressing morons.

Can’t see the point of the National League competitions at all. In the next few weeks we’ll most likely have dead rubber games where one of the contestants has little interest in winning. Cork vs Armagh, Cavan vs Fermanagh and Louth vs Kildare are examples. National league serves for nothing more than glorified challenge matches, and is a competition nobody cares much about.

I did read his post and im perfectly calm we finished with 7 points last year will come close to that again this year. Didnt play particulary well in the league either last year. Its championship that counts and Cleary will have them primed for the same again this year i have no doubt. Same clown on here calling for Cleary to be manager of the last 7 of 8 years are the same lads calling for his head after 5 national football league games. Bunch of depressing morons.

Not playing Division 1 and not bringing through underage talent harms development and hinders progress.

I'm happy for you if you can see signs of progress and signs that we'll be perennial AI contenders in the next few years.

One minor AI in 24 years.
One u20 AI in 15 years
What did i miss?
8 Munster U21s in the last 15 years if your are going down the last 15 years route that would be more than Kerry the "standard bearers" of football so yes there is plenty of talent in Cork. Ye should read Pat Spillanes book I cant stand the hoor but he was absolutely bang on when describing the Cork supporters from the absolute tripe im reading here.

Not playing Division 1 and not bringing through underage talent harms development and hinders progress.

I'm happy for you if you can see signs of progress and signs that we'll be perennial AI contenders in the next few years.
Dublin and Derry were both in division 2 last year. Donegal wont be far off this year and they are divison 2. Mayo won divison 1 last year and fell on their holes to us of all teams. Yer buying into this big media hype of the league away too much lads get a grip.

Ye dont know whats going on in the trainig whos performing well whos not. Half of ye probably havent seen the players ye are calling out to start buzz words surnames. John Cleary has more knowledge of football in his small left toe nail than ye most of ye will ever have. Get a grip.

Dublin and Derry were both in division 2 last year. Donegal wont be far off this year and they are divison 2. Mayo won divison 1 last year and fell on their holes to us of all teams. Yer buying into this big media hype of the league away too much lads get a grip.

Ye dont know whats going on in the trainig whos performing well whos not. Half of ye probably havent seen the players ye are calling out to start buzz words surnames. John Cleary has more knowledge of football in his small left toe nail than ye most of ye will ever have. Get a grip.
Agree 100% with everything you say MidCork...lots of lads on this forum only wanting negativity and wanting Cork to fail so they can come on here and tear into them...talking about Div 1 / Div 2 standards..Dublin and Derry both in Div 2 last year are the top 2 in Div 1 this year. Seen alot of Div 1 "football" this year and bar the two mentioned above and our neighbours the rest are different shades of puke football. Come championship we'd seriously rattle any of the likes of Mayo, Roscommon, Galway, Monaghan and we'll give Kerry a good run for their money...because for all their hype the two Clifford's are by far and away their best players and their defence is as watery as our own...so I for one was at the game yesterday and when we play like we did in the 2nd half we'd be a match for any team in the country

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Dirty Circus
The Pav, Careys Lane

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼