Cork Footballers

Good to see powter back his influence from centre back is huge . Could free up Rory Maguire to centre field . Colm o Callaghan should possibly be looked at as a line breaking centre forward as we need more footballing nous in this line
Colin Walsh should be with the football panel or asked in if he not I didnt see his name in the hurling panel named so he must be free to join the football panel.Any 1 got a update on him?

Colin Walsh should be with the football panel or asked in if he not I didnt see his name in the hurling panel named so he must be free to join the football panel.Any 1 got a update on him?
Colin is a Big Full forward and unless he is standing at the end of those Dead Ends our Heads Down, non - kicking Middle 8 run into he would never see the ball!

Came across Cork v Mayo 1999 sunday game a few nights ago on u tube. Philip Clifford was some prospect pity he was injury prone also the showed highlights of the minor game ,on that team were R Curran,T Kenny and D Delaney who went on to better things

Came across Cork v Mayo 1999 sunday game a few nights ago on u tube. Philip Clifford was some prospect pity he was injury prone also the showed highlights of the minor game ,on that team were R Curran,T Kenny and D Delaney who went on to better things
I think the key there to avoid that is have players that are committed to football only from the minors up would avoid loosing players later on such as Walsh and the above mentioned

I think the key there to avoid that is have players that are committed to football only from the minors up would avoid loosing players later on such as Walsh and the above mentioned
Exactly we've had enough of lads picking hurling over football only to be not good enough to make the hurling team yet stay on the panel for 3/4 years and then pack it in. Keeping to one code from minor would mean that lads serious about that code can go on and potentially make the senior team...would Walsh not be better utilised around midfield if he was on the panel, considering we are sorely lacking depth and quality in that area

Exactly we've had enough of lads picking hurling over football only to be not good enough to make the hurling team yet stay on the panel for 3/4 years and then pack it in. Keeping to one code from minor would mean that lads serious about that code can go on and potentially make the senior team...would Walsh not be better utilised around midfield if he was on the panel, considering we are sorely lacking depth and quality in that area
For the dual players, Brian Hayes is the biggest loss. For Cavan game, Powter is a huge inclusion and with home advantage a win has to be the result here. Cavan ran Donegal to a point, are a good physical team, but we can,and need to win this one.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼